Meta-Tags for NACHI web sites

Originally Posted By: ekartal
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Since I cannot post in the Web Site SEO thread I gotta ask here. icon_wink.gif

Like Kevin mentioned, why in the world would you want to add Nick Gromicko in a meta-tag description? Meta-tags should be relevant to your site content. So you might as well type Nick Gromicko in about 10,000 different places in your web site so not to confuse Google. Who's trying to benefit who? Good grief.

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Erol, it has nothing to do with me. I’m not even a home inspector.

Think about it... if you type in the phrase "certified home inspectors (followed by your city)" as many consumers do when trying to find a home inspector... Google... within a fraction of a second... not only has to figure out what the consumer is looking for (problem 1), but then figure out what sites satisfy this search (problem 2), then find these sites amongst a gazillion other ones on the web (problem 3), then display them for the consumer in the order Google figures is most useful to the consumer. Wow! All in less than a second.

To accomplish this daunting task, Google indexes every website. Just like a library organizes books ahead of time (before you arrive) so that the book you are looking for can be found easily (books at a library aren't just in one big pile)... Google organizes websites ahead of time before you arrive.

Just as when a library gets a new book, it has to determine where to put it... Google also has to index every website.

And just as a book's author tells the library about his/her book to help categorize it properly, you must also tell Google and other search engines about your website to index it properly.

Proper indexing is everything.

Anyway, there exists a list of words and phrases which instantly and correctly alert search engines that your site is that of a home inspector's and therefore should be indexed as such. These words and phrases are so strongly tied to the home inspection industry that they are essentially self indexing (Google instantly knows what your website is).

Other associations, vendors to the inspection industry, sponsored link purchasers, and non-NACHI member inspectors add these words and phrases to their meta-tags for good reason.

Using these words or phrases to index your site (just as many internet savy members and non-members do) does not make those words or phrases appear on your site. It does not take the visitor to another website. It merely helps search engines recognize what your website is about, helps search engines index your site properly, and helps consumers find your website easier.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: lewens

Erol

Just type “Nick Gromiko” into your browser and duck from the deluge of references that will pour forth. You will get the Idea.

Larry

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

is a complicated science. Much like an online dating service, search attempts to match what the consumer is asking for with what the internet offers…similar to the library analogy I gave in my above post.

The latter of this match (the gazillion websites on the internet) are organized by indexing. So it is not so much that the consumer is going to type my name into a search request when looking for a home inspector (obviously the consumer isn't going to do that). It is the other side of the match (the proper indexing of your website) that is important.

Doing anything you can to get your website properly indexed (categorized, like a library categorizes books) as a home inspection website is what matters much. Toward that end... certain words and phrases that have a strong tie to home inspections, should be exploited. Had my name been less unique... perhaps John Smith or something... we wouldn't be having this conversation.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: chorne

and what is the issue?

Carla

Originally Posted By: ekartal

No issue at all… Just find another web site in the entire world that has a persons name used as a keyword.

I think I'll add Jim Morrison to my site. Perhaps I'll get more ASHI referrals. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Erol K.

might get you indexed as a site about the band The Doors.

Lorne Steiner might work though... although his name has not come up in any of the studies we did.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Just for grins, I typed “Jim Morrison” and “ACHI” in Google and the references were all to the www.noashi.com site referring to him in unkind terms. Erol, I would suggest you stick with “Gromicko”.

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org