Mike Holmes is an Idiot....

I call it the way I see it - you wrote it, you publicly pronounced it, so therfore it is was it is - plain and simple another one of your smear campaigns. The same BS that got you turfed from this forum and others.

I’m surprised you’re not noticing the ultimate contradiction in this regard. Is teaching and being a director a sin? Or is it unethical behaviour? Or does it depend on Roy’s theory of who or whom to discriminate against to suit his own agenda. If so, than perhaps all associations better start cleaning house, right now. Than another reality - who will be left - perhaps half of association members, and another round of wannabies popping up selling their wares?

I just find it rather interesting that you have tendency to continually smear only a select few, but choose not to connect the same activities from your own buddies and allies. What’s with that? Selective discrimination? That perspective on the issue presents an even bigger issue, of hiding behind the fact that you proclaim to always tell the truth.

If as you say it is a select few so be it . Those I complain about are not at arms length you know this is not proper but you and the others do it .
Just because it goes on does not make it proper .
As I said before I see nothing wrong with you or others teaching but to be a director of a canadian association you should be above directing The new Inspector to your and other directors money making business .
if you run a business for home Inspectors being a director of an home Inspectors association is wrong and government publications have shown this .

Roy - whatever! You choose to ignore the facts, even when they are presented to you. You are making and claiming, and offering huge and now even slanderous assumptions.

You still need to get your facts straight…and FULL STOP what you are doing IS still selective discrimination - PERIOD!

One only look at the other examples and see the facts speak for what is presented on the website.

NOTE - I am not a director of a home inspection association - PLAIN & SIMPLE.

Glad to hear this but your past record shows you where and did do as I have said many times .
A simple apology would be a great start for clearing your name .
Then we both can try and improve our industry in Canada
and stop the abuse of the Newbie Home Inspectors

Roy, life and the inspection world is moving on.
I simply suggest quit living in the past and move forward to improve the future.

It’s water that has already passed, under the bridge. Life is too short to “piss” away!
All the best…I’m moving on.

Great glad for you now if we can just get others to stop taking advantage of the new want to be inspectors and tell them the facts it will be good for many .
Thanks Claude all the best … Roy

Roy:

You could tell them about this organization. Tell them that it’s not really an association…it’s a sales company essentially run by a single person who appoints who he wants to “honorary” titles. There is no democracy here.

Tell them that regulated jurisdictions do not accept INACHI “certification”.

Tell them that some folks are given free memberships.

Tell them that all members are not inspectors with others having something to sell the newbies.

Tell them that a lot of the better inspectors/online mentors rarely post here anymore with one of the better just signing out 2 nights ago.

Tell them that this is a diploma mill also and may be the largest.

Tell them that about 90% of new inspectors do not make it past 3 years…and this will probaby get worse as the real estate market sags into the future.

Tell them the truth!!

Gee great idea now if we can get more like you and me to make improvements to the Canadian Cult associations for a start would be fantastic .
We need to clean up our back yard first .
Good or bad NACHI is more open and helpfull to Canadians then all of the Canadian associations put together .
I wonder why you do not try and get some of your thoughts and ideas followed by the Canadain groups.
It is obvious you love the NACHI freedom are you disapointed in the Closed door attitude with the Canadian Groups ,I am .

Brian lets stop this hate crap.You are here I see enlightening people about your views ‘‘FOR FREE’’. I am a PAYING in good-standing INACHI member I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE JABS AT ONE ANOTHER AND TOTALLY DISCUSSED WITH ALL PARTIES TAKING PART.
I see 2 points being made here and they BOTH are valid.BUT when you come into INACHI have some fuc-ing respect for its members and get out and post something when you are not as emotionally invested.
We all have different views TO THIS and some sitting back quietly because they do not want to be viewed by others ‘‘as you are making perfect example’’ So whom ever is right or wrong should be for the readers to investigate , as they do with life chores and building inspection.
Whom ever has been taking part in the finger pointing crap.Please stop.LET THE PUBLIC decide where they want to go.As we learn our lifes lessons we make choices, some right some wrong ,but we should view all with openness and value of ether good or bad and take home what we want.

As explained Mr.Cooke my life is now devoted to your exact statement.You or others may laugh but I laugh at slanderous remarks others make trying to get THERE view across. I get mad at times.You waste energies that should be focused on as you state CANADIAN cross board standards.You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Just a thought.I will keep on my journey and ask you please lets keep it down to a dull roar.

And an “Expert is a drip under pressure!”

Every stair that Mikey has repaired or rebuilt violates the building code.
No guardrails, spindles too far apart, openings more then 100 mm, etc.
By the way would some one explain what a weight load is!
So far as I know there are continuous loads and or point loads.
According to one of his side kicks an 8 foot column supporting a balcony is a squash block

Please Vern Jab or joke.Enplane.

wonder if Mikey is going to have anything with the new series HGTV is putting together…Paranormal Home Inspections.

Do you hear things that go bump in the night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKrU9zMgeC8

No Brian is a real home inspector who does a good job .
http://www.bookahomeinspection.com/

Mike’s quote of the night:

“The hugs I get at the end of the job are my pay” (or something to that effect)

Hell, Mike is making a mint off these programs and the organization that’s been built around him…and he has the gall to say the above!! Like, Mikey…you don’t make any money at this and work for free??? Two-faced!!!

Yes, and television made him an idiot on steroids. Most people I talk to just roll their eyes at the mention of his name.

It’s like watching an old episode of This Old House, with Bob Villa hammering roof nails while wearing a Rolex (true visual).

Some of what he finds is interesting. Some of his fixes are interesting.

I love how he comes in for a minor repair and winds up gutting half the house.

I think this old house was with NORM ABRAMS.I could be mistaken and that show was for REAL. He was a carpenter and improved his knowledge base as the years went on and slowly started doing bigger and bigger projects.Entered a plumber, lawn care , electrician, bricklayer although he was infrequently on.
BOB Vila was DYI home improvements.

I still do not understand why you guys are in a knot ‘‘sailing term’’ I am a boater . Its for the fans.Not for pro’s.Its a TV show.Thats all/For the fans/.It ,in my opinion is to HELP the average home owner understand about renovations in its simplest terms. Teaches them (the home owner) to look for a reliably contractor.Its like saying those layer or cop TV show are real.
ITS TV,what do you expect.Lots of you guy watch TV a lot,maybe time to get a hobbie.