Moderated message board

Originally Posted By: jremas
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Looks like a great start. I am glad that we have rules and regulation concerning how our board in moderated. This is a step in the right direction and this information lays the law.

Quote:
Welcome to the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors' (NACHI's) free photo message board. While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws, we will not moderate any idea or concept. Offensive terms may be obfuscated or censored all-together, but no post will be removed or edited beyond this point. Please understand, though, that it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the post's author and not the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors or its employees and volunteers, and hence these parties will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any aforementioned content. In some extreme cases, doing so may lead to you being permanently banned from this board (and your service provider being informed). In other cases these topics may be locked such that no further posts can be added. The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

You agree to post your topics in the appropriate forum. Improperly placed topics will not be deleted, but may be moved.

You understand that nothing may be copied from the private sections of this message board without expressed permission from all parties involved in that topic. All comments on this message board are the property of their respective poster. NACHI, however, reserves a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display any post on its website.

You agree that, should this message board's policy ever change, the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum may have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree the all information you provide can be stored in a database. While personal information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator, moderators and NACHI cannot be held responsible for any event (such as a hacking attempt) that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you provide during registration, they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure (by keeping you "logged in," et cetera). The email address is used for confirming your registration details and password, sending new passwords should you forget your current one, and other NACHI communication. Your e-mail address will not be sold to any third-party.

Remember, debate is not only welcomed it is encouraged. Personal attacks for reasons of race, religion, sexual orientation, et cetera, or postings, which are profane or are meant to defame our membership, will not be tolerated. Offending parties may be asked to change their post, or may be permanently banned from this board. Nonmember guests are welcome posters at this board, but please remember you are a guest and act accordingly.

By clicking either "I Agree..." link below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

Someone is swinging the Iron Fist.

Good Job!

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: rwashington

Completely Agree Jeff. Good Job NACHI!

Richard W Washington

www.rwhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: psmothers

Jeff where did you quote that from? I cant belive it happened. It is a huge step for us all. Great Job Everyone Involved!!

Foxe Smothers

"Its not a matter of will we rebuilt it is matter of how soon..."

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: psmothers

Well just found it. Next question, who is/who are our moderators?

Foxe Smothers

"Its not a matter of will we rebuilt it is matter of how soon..."

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

1st step…get rid of the Marlboro spam on all the forums icon_rolleyes.gif

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: Guest

Oddly, I find the wording ambiguous and prone to misperception.

The rules are EXTREMELY subjective and vague. The potential for manipulation of the rules to exclude troublesome posters with good points or pointed questions is HUGE.

I have a feeling that I'm a short timer here. All I ask is when I'm booted, please delete all my posts.

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Boo Who… eusa_boohoo.gif

NACHI MAB!

Did I sound like I was whining? I wasn’t whining at all. Declaritive statements make up the bulk of that last post.

At least when I post here, for the most part only NACHI proponents see what I have to say. It's almost no fun to post this stuff elsewhere..everyone agrees with me.

Welcome to the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors’ (NACHI’s) free photo message board. While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws, we will not moderate any idea or concept. Offensive terms may be obfuscated or censored all-together, but no post will be removed or edited beyond this point.

The moderators will be busy in the "Not for Everyone section" for quite a while.

I also suggest that Farsetta's comments directed at me and others be given a high priority toward implementing these new rules.

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Looks like the Marlboro Man gave another good reason to have a “New Products” heading … and then to remove all posts NOT in that heading.

That would at least confine these posts to that heading.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Quote:
Nonmember guests are welcome posters at this board, but please remember you are a guest and act accordingly.

Chad,

You will be fine if you just remember this.

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

These rules have existed since the message board was started. Each non-member has had to agree to them when they sign up. We’ve modified them a little recently, and made them more prominent. We’ve also required that everyone, members and non-members, have to agree to them each time they sign on.

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://qEh5ewMfL6ICOVDLWwxG8kgkbUh.html)

Originally Posted By: pdacey

If you have the box checked to automatically sign in the rules do not come up.

I had to log out to see the rules.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

When you have your computer set to automatically log on, it stores a cookie on your computer. Because the cookies are stored on each individual’s computer, I can’t just reset the system to force everyone to log in once. I’m looking into other ways to get around it.

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://qEh5ewMfL6ICOVDLWwxG8kgkbUh.html)

That’d explain why I never see them.

Who are you?

This is who:

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Jeff,

Based on your latest Avatar, you've either REALLY changed, or have been inspecting more than septic tanks.

Is this how you look before or after a crawlspace inspection? Isnt that uniform cold in the winter? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

The surgery went well and I am moving to Florida for the winter. My local store has run out of hydrgen peroxide.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: tallen

Damn Jeff you are looking better every time I read your posts icon_lol.gif