Mold Assistance

Originally Posted By: Jimmy Morrison
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am available to help anyone who has questions related to mold or needing assistance with mold.

Originally Posted By: kpapp

Mr. Morrison,

Welcome to NACHI!! I have a few questions??

Who are you?
Where are you from?
Who do you represent?

Again welcome to NACHI and thank you for offering you services to NACHI
Ken Papp

--

Originally Posted By: jmorrison

Ken;

I am the owner of HomeTech Residential, LLC -- Home Inspection and Mold Remediation company. My company works throughout Maryland, the Panhandle of West Virginia, and South Central PA.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Jimmy just joined NACHI tonite and he knows everything and I do mean EVERYTHING about mold.

He has volunteered to sit on our NACHI mold advisory board.

Nick

Originally Posted By: ekartal

By any chance is this J.Morrison my friend at ASHI? icon_eek.gif

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

No I don’t think so. I dropped my ASHI membership a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted By: Guest

Jimmy,

You might get a warmer welcome if I point out here that you are not me. The users of this board are often harrassed by disingenuous folks using fake screen names and providing no information about themselves, so your presence might have looked a little fishy at first.

There are at least three home inspectors who share our name, possibly four. Not to mention a fella who used to play 3rd base for the Tigers and someone who sang with one of those rock n roll bands in the late 60's. Perhaps you've heard of him. Just to be safe, if you get any mail from someone named Myers, I'd have someone else open it. It might've been meant for me.

Jimmy

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: Jim Shaddox

I am thinking of specializing in mold abatement - I talked to a realtor friend of mine and he said we have TONS of home inspectors in his office every week around here and one thing they really need is mold remediation - what do you think?

icon_question.gif

If the two Morrisons are each articulate, intelligent, witty, clever and bright, I’ll have no problem with either. One Morrison has already proven to meet all the criteria. I expect nothing but the best from the other.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Jim M, not Jimmy M,

You are of course assuming that I don't like you which is entirely untrue. I don't have any problem at all telling you what I think of you, or anyone else for that matter.

Of course, if we are going to get along, try not to make assumptions about me, and I will certainly reciprocate. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

That telepathy thing really does work, you got the message I sent to you to come back and play for a while.

BTW...I don't think anyone here made the presumption that Jimmy M was Jim M, as most here know they don't hold the rights to their name and others are allowed to have the same name. I feel for you Jim, you really must have spent too much time around those "god like" ashi boys because you are always coming here to defend yourself. That is not what NACHI is about, you don't have to come here and defend the manner in which you think and feel, it is perfectly ok to be yourself.

Don't worry Jim, I am still around. When you say something that I disagree with, I will certainly go out of my way to make sure you get the message. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Jim Shaddox

I have been providing mold services for six years. Many inspection companies in my area of the country offer mold testing (MD, VA, PA, WVA), however my company is the only one that performs mold remediation to the best of my knowledge.

There is no insurance available for mold remediation. Mold remediation is very risky business. You should attend a course on remediation procedures and protocols.

Most realtors don't know where to turn when they encounter a moderate to severe mold problem. The mold industry is relatively new and the market is wide open. I offer a variety of mold services. I also provide a limited 1-year warranty with all mold remediation jobs.

There are many factors to consider before you decide to become a mold remediation contractor. You must know how to minimize your risk by utilizing appropriate protocols.

I will be offering a class on mold inspection, testing, and remediation during the month of March 2004. If you are near the Hagerstown, MD area I can provide you with info related to our course. It will be a two day course (sat & sun).

Thanks

Jimmy Morrison

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Its bad enough that every other member of NACHI is called Joe, now we are getting multiple Jim/Jimmy Morrisons.

I am making an urgent request to Chris, to change everybodies user id to Joe Morrison with a suffix number so we know who we're talking to.

I'm going now to have a stiff drink...........yes I know it's only 9:00 am, but it looks like it's going to be one of those days...........where is that scotch bottle ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Gerry (Joe Morrison #75)

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Gerry,

That's right. We're taking over. When my son Seamus is old enough to start logging on in another 10 years, there'll be a third! Prepare yourself.

Joe M,

This space intentionally left blank.

Jimmy M,

Sorry for hijacking your thread and drawing attention away from your generous offer to help us all with our mold issues. You are an unwitting participant in a personal squabble, and for that I apologize.

To avoid future confusion may I suggest once more that you all simply refer to me as "The Next Bruce Springsteen"?

Jimmy

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Jim M.

I must admit it takes a rather large amount of personal control not to respond but you don't have to play that game here, that is why NACHI is so great. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Well, I am off on another witch hunt. Wish me luck!

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

This message was received by one of our members today when he inquired about mold in Kansas:

There is no state or federal mold inspection or remediation licensure or
registration program. Many folks attend classes that result in them
receiving a "certificate" which they then wave and say they are certified.
It has little meaning.

Hopefully down the road we will have a national program of some kind.

Tom Gross
Bureau of Air and Radiation
TGross@kdhe.state.ks.us
(785) 296-1692[/i]

There, back on topic.

Nick

That is a correct statement.

There are no Federal or State regulations or laws governing the mold profession. However there is Federal and State guidance, procedures and protocols that a reputable mold remediation contractor should utilize.

www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/doh/html/epi/moldrpt1.html

Thanks
Jimmy Morrison

Originally Posted By: Jim Shaddox

Thank you very much for the help, Jimmy. I’m of course the one in Kansas that got the message Nick posted earlier. I am still interested in learning more about it - anytime someone says that the market is wide open I think that most people’s heads should pop up! icon_biggrin.gif

You are welcome. I can provide you with more details if you would like. Please visit my web site.

www.hometechresidential.com

You are welcome to call me if you need help getting started.

Originally Posted By: tbramlett

Jim, I like your website. It looks like you are trying to point your inspection business the same direction as I am. I do have one concern however, I am wondering if it’s good four business to advertise that you are a mold inspector. I am speaking from my own experience. I feel that real estate agents don’t want to use me for home inspection because they are afraid that I will find mold. Of course if someone else discovers mold, then they will call me to find out what to do. I have been doing mold inspections for several years and see how the two type of inspections overlap and complement each other to some degree. I also believe that home inspectors can make good mold inspectors. But is it good for business to advertise that you inspect for mold? I would think that a home buyer would want that, but the realtor would not?

Tom