"My Engineer on Call" ...

Since you asked …

In my opinion … home inspectors who enter into secret agreements with you (that they are prohibited from disclosing to their clients) to sell their clients’ personal information to you … in exchange for any compensation … is unethical. Slipping clauses into their inspection agreements that allow you to bypass “no call” lists while continuing to conceal from their clients that they are selling you personal information that they have been entrusted with is unconscionable. Inspectors who are doing this should be stripped of their membership from this … and every other … professional association.

It is also my opinion … that home inspectors who betray the trust of their clients in this manner who work in states that license them … should have their licenses revoked. (Perhaps the fact this type of activity violates the law in certain states is why you forbid home inspectors who contract with you from revealing the “existence” of their contract with you).

Now … in that you have the founder of NACHI’s photograph promoting you on every one of your posts that contain lies and misrepresentations about the conduct of your alarm lead harvesting activities … it is likely that he would continue to ignore the same ethics committee that has already found you guilty of multiple ethical violations stemming from complaints sent to them from all across the United States. I think you have found safe haven, here … but it does not make what you do right or ethical, in my opinion.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

NACHI no longer has an enforceable ethics code.

Nick has made sure of that. :frowning:

You’re safe here Nathan.
Carry on with your brilliant marketing strategy where the world gets to hear over and over your lies, denials and obfuscations.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Once again … you continue to craft your question as if it is the home inspector who is “offering alarm systems”. It is not. It is youafter the home inspector has sold you personal information about his client … who is offering the alarm systems to his clients. Like you said … you buy the lead from him to beat your competitors to his client who rely upon public information.

Once again … when a home inspector accepts compensation from you in any form and in return for the private information that his client has entrusted to him, fails to disclose his contractual relationship with you to his client, slips language into his contract that allows you to bypass a “no call” list that the client may have enrolled in … that inspector has, in my opinion, acted unethically.

ASHI’s code of ethics, according to president of the Mid Atlantic Chapter of ASHI, has published the same.

Your twists and spins mean nothing.

Hey Jack Daniels,
Are you selling private information that belongs to your client to an alarms lead broker (being compensated with “incentives”) and concealing from your client your agreement to be compensated by the broker, after including in your contract certain language that does not identify the broker or any specific company but, instead, simply obtains their permission to receive telephone contact that the broker can use to bypass a “no call” list?

What are your thoughts about the people who supply the leads to brokers so that they can dothis?:p:p

Inspectors are not offering your alarm systems … nor are you offering them on an “inspectors behalf”.

To the contrary, your contractual relationship with the inspector forbids that he disclose to anyone the very “existence” of his relationship with you. The spin you are attempting to place on this by your carefully worded questions is intentionally misleading.

When an inspector sells his clients’ personal information to you, honors his commitment to you by concealing his compensation from you for providing his clients’ personal information, inserts language into his agreement with his client that allows you to bypass “no call” regulations that his client may be participating in … that inspector has violated several state laws and every conceivable ethical standard and deserves to be stripped of his membership and have his license (where applicable) revoked.

Of course, you - on the other hand - can simply find a new source of fresh meat, as you well know.

Lies about me coming from this kid are, in fact, complimentary.

None of his personal attacks have anything to do with the fact that he has solicited members of NACHI to participate in his unlicensed business activity regarding the purchase and resale of engineering services, that he contracts them to meet quotas to provide private information about their clients for his alarm lead sales scam in exchange for compensation, that he arranges for them to insert language into their inspection agreements that allows him to bypass “no call” lists and that he forces them, by contract, to conceal their business arrangement with him from the client that they are betraying by selling their private information to him.

It is illegal, in some states, and unethical everywhere, for home inspectors to enter into these agreements and betray their clients confidence in this manner, no matter how he may try to spin it.

So many lies in 3 short lines.

Keep it up kid.

If your shovel wares out, we’ll send you a new one if no other reason to see you continue to bury yourself the rest of the way.

I am curious how it might serve him to try to limit the unethical behavior of home inspectors who sell client data to him to only those who accept his $200 kickbacks while ignoring the others who are compensated and conceal it from their clients. It should be interesting to see why … and how he tries to spin this.

Nate, I’m curious, did ASHI national determine this program does not violate our COE, or do they just agree to take your marketing $s , and let each inspector fend for him/her self?

I admit I do not know the answer, I’m one that sticks with the old timers mind set, if you have to ask if something is legit or not, it’s best not to do it]
It does not sound right to me that ASHI national would determine and through a member under the bus, and openly state a Chapter Pres is wrong , on a topic that I think could go either way.

For some reason, Troy will not answer this question on this part of the message board where the public can read it. I’ve asked him several times and he evades it.

It probably has something to do with how ethical it is for him to do this and how it helps him to “grow his business”.

But then, he does require Thornberry’s written permission to acknowledge to anyone … including his client … that he is contracted to sell the personal and private information belonging to his client to Thornberry for the use of attempting to sell him an alarm system. By this, I am assuming that he is not allowed to discuss it with you or I, either.

Really?

Nathan doesn’t pay InterNACHI anything and we don’t sell ads. Instead, we’d prefer that he continue to give InterNACHI members exclusive deals and discounts unavailable to non-members. If you’re an industry vendor… I’m for sale. All you have to do is treat InterNACHI members better than everyone else. I admit… I’m a shameless whore for my members.

As the head honcho of NACHI, Nick … Do you support having member home inspectors sell the personal and private information of their clients to an alarm systems salesman and receive their compensation in the form of incentives or cash … while concealing from their client that they are being compensated and have a contractual relationship with the alarm systems salesman … and adding language to their contracts that allows the alarm systems salesman to bypass any “no call” list that the client may be on … for the purpose of selling alarm systems?

Is this something that inspectors should be encouraged to do to “grow their business”, in your professional opinion?

Ohhhh K
Since you chose to answer something I didn’t think or ask, I’m slowly starting to understand why several other inspectors think the way you run your business is questionable.

I’ll join the group of per you of stupid inspectors, or gromicko dumb stupid scumbags] and continue to promote my business by providing the buyers a professional inspection, opposed to offering gimmicks to get more inspections.