InterNACHI adopts a Vendor Code of Ethics.

http://www.nachi.org/vendor-ethics.htm

LOL.

What do you find funny about it?

Agree!

How will you designate someone as a vendor? We all know who is who, but currently we all have equal member status. If I started spamming the board about NIBI and spamming members like ESA and so forth, I am a member and not a vendor. What is the distinction?

IMO… anyone who attempts to sell anything to a Member OUTSIDE OF the Classified Section is a Vendor for those and related posts.

Example… John Onofry virtually NEVER posts about his HomeHints Newsletter in the tech threads. When he does, he is acting as a vendor. John is and was an Inspector first, and a vendor second.

That can’t be said for other vendors, and they would always be vendors first, no matter whatever they claim their experience is.

"The End is Near"

A lot more credible than the current vendor first Inspector NEVER

Now he is injecting himself in the discussion of weep rope and toilet caulking as some kind of expert . UNBELIVEBLE

Thanks a lot Nick. This place is now as about as reliable as the typical DIY message board.

You sold everyone here out.:frowning:

Now ain’t that the truth !!!

The end is near

Jim

Worth repeating!

And what good are a New Code of Ethics, changes to the Code of Ethics, or additions to the Code of Ethics if the CEO or Owner or COO or Administration of INACHI allow members to violate those Ethics without consequences?

Nothing, absolutely nothing. A once great institution sinking quickly into the abyss of mediocrity or worse. :roll:

We had no Vendor Code of Ethics last week. How is distilling into writing what we expect from our vendors worse than nothing.

You’re an inspector, explain it: If an attic has no insulation, how does adding some insulation make it worse?

Adding insulation that is full of rat feces does nothing to improve the situation.

Thank you. Good explanation showing that even if you think it is nothing, adding nothing to something doesn’t subtract from it (I did that without a calculator :wink:).

So Nick, what say you. What separates a member from a vendor member? Will there be membership differentiation?:-k

You need to go back to school and take some more math classes as yours is flawed, I also suggest you buy a calculator…

Adding something to nothing Can indeed subtract from the original nothing.

Add a termite infestation to that attic, and you now have Less than the original nothing.

If you need some private tutoring, I can hook you up.

Jim

The end is near.

I believe so. I don’t see how else it can be applied.

Nick,
You can have all the rules you want, but if they are not enforced, it is worst than having no rules. I have a lot of respect for you, but you are bad about letting things slide, even with repeated violators.

Now that InterNACHI has revised its code of “ethics” and now officially endorses, and has declared it to be “ethical”, for its members to accept kickbacks from contractors that they refer to their clients and to keep their compensation arrangements with said contractors secret from the public … InterNACHI has created a separate vendor code of “ethics” that protects the contractors who pay the kickbacks.

Now that InterNACHI has revised its code of “ethics” to officially endorse, and has declared it to be “ethical”, for its members to accept kickbacks from contractors that they refer to their clients and to keep their compensation arrangements with said contractors secret from the public … InterNACHI has also created a separate vendor code of “ethics” that protects the contractors who pay the kickbacks.

Caveat emptor.

That’s how I read it also. I never thought any legitimate Professional with any integrity would lower themselves to such a low level. Frankly it is quite embarrassing to be honest. Not quite sure how to answer people whan they question me about this association.
Jim

The end is near