My own house is being inspected...

1. Put lots of boxes, suitcases, mirrors, etc. next to the attic access. If you have several smaller attics, make sure they are crammed full of stuff.

2. Put something large and heavy in front of the service entrance panel.

3. Put some heavy furniture in front of all your blown windows.

4. Schedule the inspection for late afternoon (get a tired inspector…not one that’s fresh).

5. Make sure the gas is turned off.

6. Turn off the water.

7. Lock the crawl space door.

8. Cram as much stuff as you can beneath the sinks.

9. Follow the inspector around and ask lots of questions. Don’t forget to ask “did I pass?”

You should come out smelling like a rose. :mrgreen:

Most people who read the entire thread understood the light-heartedness that this conversation was trying to convey. I’m well aware of where my position is as a seller. This is far from my first property sale. If I want to promote the association that I belong to, I have every right to do so. Many inspectors on here would agree. After you read many other threads, you’ll begin to realize all the different personalities of the home inspectors on this M.B. It tends to make the message board a little more enjoyable.

Jeff

Actually, the inspector was fairly knowledgeable, but was kind of a rude ***** to my wife before she left with our infant daughter. Took a week and a half to get a legible report in my hand.

The clients asked for an extension on the 5 day deadline (on the fifth day) due to the radon report not able to be finished on time. Our lawyer received the report via fax from their lawyer (all 48 pages of it). Picked it up from their office and took it home to look over. The inspector didn’t mention exact locations on some of the problems and relied on photos to explain the locations. On the fax copy, all the photos pretty much turned out black and completely indistinguishable. I called our lawyer to get in touch with their lawyer to tell them to just forward their e-mail version of the H.I. report. Received a copy via e-mail the next day. Opened up the PDF and it was of the wrong house. The buyers had an inspection done on another home three days prior to putting in an offer on our house. We received that inspection report. Again, another phone call to our lawyer and the day after, we finally received the correct report on our house.

Jeff

Ok Jeff
Was he NACHI ?

Anyone we know, as I hope not?
State gives 48 hours ,so this guy must be awfully bad.

that s hilarious!!:twisted: