NACHI & ASHI sign a Peace Treaty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

The American Society of Home Inspector (ASHI) and the National Association of Certified Home Inspector (NACHI) have agreed to no longer disparage each other. The formal agreement should be signed by respective attorneys on Monday.

Of course this agreement will not affect individual free-speech rights of members of either association not acting on behalf of their association such as comments on message boards.

NACHI will have to modify the file extension names of two pages of nachi.org and make several other small changes to its sites (already working on it). All ASHI members and ASHI representatives will have to stop promoting ASHI-only/anti-NACHI licensing regulation which of course disparages NACHI.

The war could be over.

Nick

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Nick,

that is indeed potentialy good news, both oeganisations have spent way too much time and money on playing silly buggers with each other, lets get back to doing what we do best, for us of course that will be helping our members develope their businesses, and for ashi it should allow them more resourses to develope the “experience” icon_lol.gif sorry I mean

regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Quote:
The American Society of Home Inspector (ASHI) and the National Association of Certified Home Inspector (NACHI) have agreed to no longer disparage each other. The formal agreement should be signed by respective attorneys on Monday.

PREVIOUS NASTY ASHI COMMENT DELETED

After much contemplation and in a gesture of good will I have decided to censor my post on this issue. Nick I want to thank you for all the hard work and leadership you have provided to get us this far, and congratulations to Joe our new president. Truly, let the healing begin so that we may garner the public recognition our profession so deserves.

Joe Burkeson.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: mpatton

Nick,

Does this mean that ASHI will acknowledge NACHI as a viable association, or as everyone's mom always said," if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all!"
![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Personally, I welcome the cease fire on both sides.

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection
Serving Northern KY & Greater Cincinnati OH

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Michael:

That's the key ground we won. ASHI members disparage NACHI when they argue for ASHI-only/anti-NACHI crafted legislation. We recognized that and had to put a stop to it.

In turn, ASHI recognized that our huge lead in controlling the internet keeps growing and that home buying consumers are fast switching from a real estate agent-based source for home inspection information to an internet-based source of home inspection information.

Two recent, but separate events in Florida demonstrated the different destructive weapons each association wields.

Both sides win, attorneys lose.

Nick

PS. No money exchanges hands under this agreement.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Nick, that is great news. Now both sides can continue their work for their members.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

I just got off the phone with attorney Jim Munnis. He signed for NACHI. Its a done deal. Legal actions are all dropped.

This end to legal battles will now allow us to get officer insurance. I need at least one volunteer to take over some executive duties. I am currently both Exec. Dir. and President. If one of you want to be President temporarily at least until we can enact elections, speak up. Job pays same as Exec Dir... zip. Hours are long. Lots of fun though.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jremas

I am not sure that I understand this. What will this do to ASHI’s branding campaign??

Who initiated this and why??? What would be the benefit to us since we are growing anyway and why would they even bother.

This will truly take away from their branding campaign that they are spending lots of money on.

some answers please.

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: gbell

That is great news!!! It is also nice to hear that we will be holding elections for officers in the future.

Good Job Nick

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Nick:

In response to your request for assistance in fulfilling the duties of President, I would be honored to assist in helping by volunteering to be President of our National Organization, NACHI.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Yes Jeff, it cuts good chunk out of their branding campaign. Part of their branding campaign (I should say previous branding campaign) included steps which would definately disparage other associations. They can still disparage other associations but will now have to take steps to make it clear they are not referring to NACHI. They have now contractually agreed not to disparage NACHI (only NACHI, not all associations).

Nick

Originally Posted By: gbell

Glad to hear that Joe. You were the first person that came to mind after reading Nicks post.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all

I second Joe, any any help I can give is given freely

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

I will third Joe, I know that I have enought things to do with the Foundation…

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Joe:

Or should I say President Haggarty, I know we've only met once but I think you could really help us. Your success at HouseMaster is recognized nationwide. Didn't you win some kind of award at the HouseMaster franchise owner convention or something? It will be nice to have you so close by. Perhaps we can ride together to the next drive-to chapter meeting? How about November's NY Chapter? Just a thought.

Nick

PS Nancy, I'm sorry to hear Joe has now added additional duties to his work load.

Joe: I might as well start piling it on you before you change your mind:

1. Write a little bio about yourself I can use in an announcement about you.

2. HouseMaster belongs to some kind of little association of franchise owners only. I think P2P is in it. I hear they have a home buying consumer's Bill of Rights which says something about a consumer shouldn't be pushed toward one association over another. See if you can get permission for us to use that. We'll credit whomever.

3. I know a couple franchises are nervous about everything NACHI touching... well.. taking off. I need you to make some contacts with these franchisors to let them know we promote our members, not NACHI. And that we are not going to turn into a pseudo-franchise to compete with our own members. What can we do to assure them we are here as support services, not a competitor to them? We might have to do this for some training schools too.

4. I have some emails I know you can handle. What address should I forward them to?

5. Help Nancy with the dishes. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Nick

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: psabados

Do it Joe, or should I say Mr. President

Paul

The NACHI Foundation

Joe,

congratulations. I know you will do a great job... I have a lot of work to do getting the foundation up and running. but I would like to bounce off you the ideas I have. When you get a chance can we talk on the phone.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Joe:

If you want I will drive you (and Nancy) to the next http://www.nachi.org/chesapeakechapter.htm so you can meet me and Gary at the same time. I met Gary for the first time on Tuesday. You tell me boss. We could go to Pittsburgh too. VA has a chapter forming to. Actually we never have to meet if you don't want to. Things run fine in cyberspace.

Nick