NACHI Foundation Raffle - 3 Night Stay at NACHI Convention

Originally Posted By: jbowman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

The NACHI Safe House Campaign Committe proudly presents an opportunity for you to win room rental for 26 Jan, 27 Jan, & 28 Jan. 2005 for the NACHI National Convention being held in Orlando, FL. Room is for the Walt Disney World Cornodo Springs Resort, Orlando, FL. Prize is exclusive to room rental and taxes only.

Cost of each chance is $5.00.
# of chances is limited to 300 per draw.
# of winners per draw is one.
Chances are 1:300.
Proceeds are to benefit the NACHI Safe House Campaign.

How to enter: Make check payable to the NACHI Foundation. Send your name, address, telephone #, and email address to John Bowman, 921 Pennsylvania Ave., Elmira, N.Y. 14904-2652.

Each member will receive by e-mail random numbers, between 001 - 300. I will e-mail you with your number.

NOTE: I am not eligible for any of these drawings.

Originally Posted By: wwarner

I like it!

Proceeds for an excellent cause...

Limiting the number is a good idea since raffles are hard to make money with.

I'm still debating on going, but... free room would definately persuade me to the side of the "force"!!! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Make it happen! You'll have a check from me!

--
Bill

It's only Rock 'n Roll.... but I like it!

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

That’s one! icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ebeahm1

John,

I have put a check in the mail to you for $100.00. Please save me 20 tickets. When is the drawing going to be held?

See you in Orlando,

Earl

Thanks William & Earl. I guess this is going to happen. No further discussion is necessary. The drawing will be accomplished as soon as 300, #'s are issued. We may have plenty of time to accomplish a couple of these drawings.

I believe that by making your checks out to the Foundation also gives you a tax write-off. Need the experts (Gary Johnson) to comment on this. I'm also considering a 20.00 raffle, all expenses paid for the convention. Room, entrance fee's, foundation ball, and meals. Again, limited to 300 entrants.

Also, stay tuned for the "Hole-In-One" Golf Shot tournament to be held in Orlando during the convention. Details to follow, hopefully soon.

In my endeavors to raise monies for the foundation I may inadvertently forget to say Thank-You. From the bottom of my heart, everyone, THANK-YOU.

Received the first check today for several numbers. Thank-You to NACHI member Dana Littlefield, of New Horizon Home Services in Maine.

What do you get?

Prize valued at approximately $450.00 - $500.00 (Yes we will include costs of your spouse or significant other).

All #'s sold for the foundation are tax deductible.

The satisfaction of contributing to a worthy cause.

Money tight. Contact me and we will reserve your numbers and you'll have until 30 June 2004 to pay.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I made a link you can reference. If you don’t sell out, I’ll email to all members.

I'd buy the leftovers myself except for that I've won every drawing I've ever entered in. It's embarrassing.

http://www.nachi.org/drawing.htm

Nick

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

John,

Can we pick numbers that we want, or are the randomly assigned, or are you just going straight down the list.

Also to let everyone know, the magic number will be drawn at an up and coming Chapter meeting after all the slots have been filled.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Thanks for the plugs guys.

Gary - All numbers have been randomly drawn. It wouldn't be fair to the members who have already bought numbers to start letting individuals to pick their own. Excellent idea for a future drawing though.

What lucky Chapter meeting would like to draw the Number. Looking for volunteers.

We have a little less than 250 numbers left to sell. It would be nice if we could sell out and have this drawing in June.

19 May 2004

Just a polite bump to get this back near the top. No numbers sold in last 2 days. Lots of numbers left.

Possibly, to get a feel of what direction this is going, those that plan on purchasing numbers let me know some way or another. I'm getting concerned. We need to determine if we possibly need a mass email letter in the near future.

Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

People can also use paypal to send in their raffle money if they want. Send it to donations@nachifoundation.org I will then inform John of anyone who sends money that way.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I just put a check in the mail for to you for a number. Make it a good one. icon_lol.gif

How about the next drawing for a free admittance?

Blaine,

I was considering one for that. I may be able to push them a little easier. Maybe again 300 numbers at let's say $2.00 each. Feedback more than welcome.

Gary,

Super idea. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: ebeahm1

John,

What you are doing is great for the Foundation!

Come on folks, this is tax deductible! You could be attending the 1st National Convention for FREE!!!

If everyone bought just one ticket, this would be sold out in a few minutes.

Good Luck, Earl

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

You guys should send this out to the membership via email.

only a very small percentage uses this forum.

That’s one thing that’s missing from NACHI, member contact. You should be sending out emails weekly to keep ALL members informed of what’s happening, discounts, events, etc.

As Nick preaches in his writings about client relations, you should be reaching out to all the members on a continuous basis. Email is very inexpensive.

Kevin

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: psabados

John

I will send you a check for 2 tickets. Now since I am on the Convention planning staff, in order to avoid any signs of impropriety, if my tickets should be the winner, I will turn, hand them back over to the Foundation. Through the Foundation Committee I would like to see them distributed to any real hard pressed member for their use.

In my opinion, this will much more than a wintertime party. The education effort that is being put forth for the benefit of the attendee's will be well worth it. Besides the Foundation is worth the donation

Paul

Vendor Coordinator

Counting down the days to Orlando 2005

Originally Posted By: rmoewe

John,

I’ll take 5. The check will be in the mail today.

Thanks, Rick

Originally Posted By: rmoewe

John,

I’ll take 5 of the $20 drawing, as well. Please let me know when you are going to have that one. This is a great idea.

See you in Orlando,

Rick