"The NACHI Foundation"

Originally Posted By: gjohnson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Good day everyone.

I know that a few of you know who I am. For the rest let me introduce myself. My name is Gary Johnson, and I run C & M Home Inspections in Baltimore, MD.

I have also been forming what we are calling "The NACHI Foundation". What we are putting together is a way for us as home inspectors to give back to the community and help those who are less fortunate.

Thanks to myself and Nick, we have both funded the first two donations of $1000.00 a piece to get things up and started. The foundation will be taking the donations and channeling them to various charities.

As for the current status of the foundation, it is in a holding pattern. I have had an application sent to the IRS, waiting approval to be given a non-for-profti status. With any luck this should be done and back soon.

As for who we are going to work with. Habitat for Humanity has come up a couple of times. And I have talked with a couple of people there, and there is definately some potential there to do work with them. Also we will be selecting four to five other charities to work with.

Now of course since this is a non-profit, funds are needed to be raised to ensure that success of its operations. What Nick and I were discussion was to ask each and everyone of you if you would be willing to donate $1 per inspection to the Foundation. And also you could ask your clients if they would like to donate an additional dollar to the foundation. We have to understand, that a dollar per inspection donated by even %30 perecent of our numbers could be a substancial amount. And that amount could be put to some good use.

We still want to take things very slow and make sure we pick the groups we are going to work with very carefully. I hope that this endevaor will continue to grow and that through the Foundation NACHI will be able to make a difference.

Also, we have to think of this as a way to get soem really good press releases for NACHI. Whenever the Foundation makes good size donatins to a group. You can be sure that I will make sure that it is covered and written about somehwere.

We are already making two small donations to get started:

1.) On November 5, 2003, the foundation will be donating $250.00 to a group in PA called "The Clinic" they are a non profit clinic in PA, that provides medical treatment to people that cannot afford to pay for care, and that do not have medical insurance.

2.) We will also be donating another $250 to Habitat for Humanity.

While these do not seem like large amounts, they are just a start to developing relationships with some of these groups. I hope to be able to work with them more and develop a good relationsip between them and NACHI.

I will be adding a donation pledge form to the site, tonight, I hope that all of our inspectors will download it and take a look and consider donating for the good of everyone.

Thanks,

Gary Johnson

The address to donate to is:
The NACHI Foundation
P.O. Box 722
Millersville, MD 21108

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Gary:

Can you handle this for us?

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=1383

Nick

Nick,

We are handling this very well.. I have talked to Greg, and he will be presenting the homeowner with a check for $1000 on Friday. We hope to get more donations in during the week as things progress. I would like to help Sharon as much as possible.

I was going to try and fly down to Orlando on Saturday and meet with them and talk. However, the tickets are over what I have to spend on them at the moment. But I think that Greg has everything well in hand.

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Nice job guys. I am writing a grant proposal to get us some big $$$ outside money for our relief fund. I’ll keep everyone posted on the following page:

http://www.nachi.org/ashiexperience.htm

Please though... if you can spare even $5 or $10... make a small donation to the fund. In my future grant proposals I would like to state how many NACHI members have contributed. I don't care if its only a few dollars. Please support our "relief for victims of the ASHI Experience" fund.

Nick

Amazing Nick,

I was actually thinking about working on the same thing. I will tally up all the people and amounts and send them to you as things go along... Hopefully over the next few days we will get some $ for the fund and get thnings going...

I have officially started part of our money in the Foundation to be earmarked for "Relief from ASHI Fund", that will go along way in making sure the Foundation does its job and helps out where we can.

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: dbush

Check is on it’s way.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Thanks Dave… I am sure it will be appreciated…

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: jrooff

Gary:

Hope you don’t mind but I’ll be sending two checks. icon_biggrin.gif

1 for the Clemons fund and 1 for the all around fund to place where you fell it will be the most helpfull.

Jim, Lead, Follow or get out of the way.

Jim,

No problem, although next time if you want you could just attach a note saying how much you want distributed to each fund...

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895