NACHI holding N. American Convention at Toronto Congress Centre in 2007.

Ray are you going somewhere??? CAPHI/OAHI after you?

So go get a passport. Whats the big deal. :twisted:

Bob

Not planning on going anywhere, but with the antics of the National they may try and tell us that you need a passport to work in Canada. :frowning:

With the regulation coming in for air flight only the first of Jan 07 anyone close to the border can get back into the US with only present ID, if you do not fly. The application for their ID card to reenter the US is supposed to be a lot easier than applying for a passport. If I have to get a passport to enter the US so be it. I need one anyway, it’s getting to the point that my Quebec birth certificate is almost useless anyway. The immigration service in the US look at it and ask me if I am Canadian. I end up holding up a can of beer and declare my citizenship. Then they believe me.
I am Canandian.
Larry

Here’s an idea…

Everyone who does not have a passport or border card can still fly into Toronto. We can provide shuttle bus service to Buffalo so they can fly home.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ya see
That’s what I mean, a positive thought. And one hell of an idea at that.
Larry

They can show customs all the empty I AM Canadian beer cans they sampled on the way to the border. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Roy R.

Were they Molsen, LaBatts, Moosehead Ale or O’Keef ?

I used to buy Moosehead Ale in quarts from Boot Leggers in Edmonston back in the mid-60’s when I was dating Canadien girls. Had pretty good fun in the mountain Valley ranges until I got lost, running out of gas, and caught in a snow storm. That put a screaching halt to what I really had in mind while drinking that quart of good beer. ha. ha. Made it to the gas station with a quart of gas left. ha. ha.

I don’t think our antics would fly today. ha. I guess we will all have to get a passport. Darn it. Don’t you hate this system.

Marcel

Does it matter? I thought all beer tasted the same.:smiley:
We will make sure our American collegues have a great time in Toronto. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hope you have a good time.

Marcel

Marcel, You are coming to the convention, right?:smiley:

Roy;

I would really appreciate going, but my full time job as a Commercial Builder for the Company I have been with for 36 years has got me tied down for the rest of the year.
Supposedly, I have three weeks vacation coming not counting the twenty or so I have not taken in the past. I have one week slated for October in Rangley Lake Region as a Time Share that I have to take and will probably lose my other two weeks as usual. That is what happens when you are to damn dedicated to your job.

Just in case, at what date is the Convention? It might be possible for me to make a long weekend out of it. If it is in the middle of the week, I probably won’t be able to make it.

Marcel

I’m not sure on the dates yet. I am sure Tyrone or Nick will post as soon as they have that info.

The dates for the convention is May 16-21, 2007.
The first two days (May 16, 17) are to allow time for the vendors to set up, the event itself is for May 18-20, and the last day is to allow vendors to tear down.

Hi. to all.

I might be able to make this happen, but how do I get address and driving directions to this place? If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Marcel

http://www.torontocongresscentre.com/default.aspx?page=directions

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=O8YGJgQ233E%3d&longitude=hZS8a1NQXYo%3d&name=Toronto%20Congress%20Ctr&country=CA&address=650%20Dixon%20Rd&city=Etobicoke&state=ON&zipcode=M9W%201J1&phone=416%2d245%2d5000&spurl=0&&q=Toronto%20Congress%20Center&qc=Trade%20Fairs%20%26%20Shows

Re: NACHI holding N. American Convention at Toronto Congress Centre in 2007.

Nick:

What about the Disney Convention in 2007?

Is the Canadian Convention in place of or in addition too the Disney event?

Marcel
Driving directions are very simple. Go to Buffalo and turn right. Believe me you can’t miss Toronto.
Larry

Disney has been canceled. We are off to Canada!!!

It is not a bad drive for the east coast states

Disney failed to disclose an unconsionable new 6 figure charge which I caught in time.

Executive Counsel
Walt Disney World Legal Department
RE: NACHI

*The purpose of this letter is to respond to your email of April 3, 2006. I have *reviewed the documents you provided to me and discussed them with the NACHI. For the reasons set forth below NACHI denies any liability for the damages your client claims.

Paragraph 11 of the contract provided that your client would charge $100.00 per vendor booth. Ms. Jalowsky signed the contract on September 1, 2005. Prior to that your client never disclosed that it would charge $500.00 for each vendor that wanted a wireless connection and $950.00 for each vendor that wanted a hardwired connection.

Your client knew that NACHI expected 145 vendors, but only disclosed these additional charges in 2006, and only after NACHI specifically inquired about them. We believe your client’s failure to disclose a potential six-figure charge was a concealment of a highly material fact. Viewed in the light most favorable to your client, there was no meeting of the minds. Viewed in the light least favorable to your client, the failure to disclose these other charges was intentionally deceptive.

I note that the contract does not specifically address the issue of Internet access or the charges for it, and for that reason we believe parol evidence will be admissible to establish the understanding (or lack of understanding) of the parties on that issue.

Please direct any further correspondence concerning this matter to me. Thank you for your attention to these matters.

Sincerely,
COHEN HORNER, LLP
MSC:wth MARK S. COHEN
Copy: Client