NACHI holding N. American Convention at Toronto Congress Centre in 2007.

I think that Michael has a good point here. If this can be advertised and promoted well enough (as I think that Nick can do ), this could go along way for NACHI members vis a vis the National Certification Initiative. Tyrone, please let me know in which way I could possibly help.- Chris

Are you suggesting that these charges were not contained within the signed contract?

I just checked up on flight costs if I was to leave next month. I guess we had all better start saving our change. About 200.00 more than my flights to Florida. Strange indeed. Shorter distance, shorter flight, higher costs. Go figure.

What are the hotel costs like up there. I imagine about the same as Disney… Most convention centers are.

Now to get a passport. Wonder how much that is…

John,
We’ll make it up to you with an 85 cent dollar and really good beer.:smiley: :smiley:
</IMG></IMG>

John 263 miles driving 4 hours and 23 minutes . If need be I will pick you up on my way to Tarana (Toronto to those not born there)
If you come by land no pass port needed. If you want I can meet you at Rochester NY and bring you over by water ( Do you get see sick ) .
Roy sr
Bring a pillow and a blanket we could sleep under a bridge . No bugs in Canada .

John, I have personally contacted and made arrangements with the Convention Center, and the saving that we were able to accomplish, which will in tem be handed to vendors, will more than compensate for the flight costs.
Again, focusing on the negative.

Tyrone,

Have you been to a convention yet. If not — get off my ***. I said nothing negative.

How many members do we have in Canada?

Tyrone:

Cost savings should be passed on to the Members attending.

Members should not be subsidizing reduced costs to Vendors Selling their Products to those Members Paying to Attend.

Correct me if I am Wrong in my Opinion.

Last Convention scheduled to occur in Canada (Kingston 2006) was Cancelled.

Time will tell…

Yes that was very unfortunate it was on its way to be great Convention.
To bad I expect this will surprise many people .
Toronto has had many conventions and I expect this should be another .
Roy sr .

Until someone proves me different, this is the stupidest thing that NACHI has done to date for some of the following reasons.

1. May is just a bad month. Most inspectors have just gotten through the lean winter months, and May is the beginning of the peak season for them to catch up.

2. What does the Toronto area have to offer those who bring their families along?

3. Florida was chosen because of their 1,200 and climbing NACHI inspectors. Pennsylvania, New York, and California would be next in numbers. What kind of numbers does Ontario have to offer.

4. Has anyone given any thought to the extra monies it will cost Vendors to get their wares, displays, etc. shipped.

5. How many paying members do we have in Canada. I know of four or five.

6. During the last two conventions, I could probably count on my hands how many Canadians showed up. Do you expect the same number of U.S. members to attend a convention in Canada. And just think, a passport wasn’t even needed then.

Our office has participated and attended the last 2 NACHI Conventions.

A Convention held in May can not be economically justified from a Business standpoint.

We will be unable to participate or attend.

We had already planned, scheduled and reserved accomodations for the 2007 Winter Disney Convention. Sorry to hear that the event has been Cancelled.

Interesting reading

Two days for the Vendors to set up? Last year they did it in four hours.
Passing the savings onto the vendors? When did Nachi become a vendor driven organization? How many vendors will be going gratus this time? And for tear down, they’re out of there in a few hours, just ring the bell and watch em go.

Good luck with the event, I am sure that Deanna will lay out the ground work and handle all the details.

Paul

So , how many rooms is Nachi going to try to secure? ANd, again, how many members do we have in Canada ?

Maybe taping is legal there. LOL, joking!

Paul,

You’re right. How many days does this give you for education. Not many by the looks. This is stupid, absolutely stupid…Whoever set up these dates should be ashamed of themselves. I don’t know about anyone else, but this is definitely the time of the year that I never ever left my business’s unattended.

Here is the convention centre’s website. http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/hd/yyztc

Now I don’t care who you are. That is funny…

I have personally secured 400 rooms in two different hotels, with shuttle service to and from the hotel without limit.
I have aso arranged a catering service that will be serving throughout the entire convention.

John, grow up!!!