NACHI Home Page

Originally Posted By: Brad
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Although I am fairly new here, I do have a few suggestions for improving this site’s home page:

1. In general, the home page is a bit "busy." The navigation bar on the left and the search options on the right are a good idea, but the body of the page has a bit too much going on. It appears many of the links could be placed elsewhere on the site.

2. Believe it or not, "Is your inspector blind" may be offensive to some people because it refers to someone with a disability. How about "does your inspector know what he's looking at?"

3. I agree with previous comments about a seperate area for prospective home buyers/sellers. If NACHI is popping up on a lot of search engines, you need to make sure you don't lose the interest of potential customers when they hit the home page. Yes most leads will come from Realtors, but make this a consumer friendly site as well. You have the opportunity to educate buyers/sellers as well as inspectors.

Whatever you do, keep the openness of the site intact...it appears that's an NACHI cornerstone that should be preserved. All in all, an excellent site!

I encourage your feedback on my suggestions...like "good ideas" or "sit down and shut-up!"

Brad

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Brad

I for one agree with you, the home page is very busy, I know that Chris has tided it up a couple of times recently, but the fact is that we have so much going on some of which is aimed at HI's, some at Real Estate Professionals and some at buyers that we are getting bogged down.
We have in the past discussed putting up a user specific index page, and I for one think it is getting very near the point where we will be forced into doing that.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

As Gerry said, there’s so much going on that it’s hard to keep it in a clean format. I’m working on a new design that will clean the system up further, but it might take a while. I’ll post more about it when available.

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://gxGp6igrbAEu0liqqEeLqpFvuwA.html)

Originally Posted By: jremas

Chris has done tons for this site and continues to do so, but keeping up with the growth of NACHI is not easy. Hats off to Chris for his work.

I also agree ( and have voiced this in the past) that we should have a generic page for NACHI with some very nice professional graphics that asks if you are a Home Buyer or Seller, Real Estate Agent, Home Inspector or Prospective Home Inspector. Each of those will lead to pages that are pertinent to each. This is my opinion of course.

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

I agree except you need a graphic for Marines to click on, one for religious folks to click on, one for gays to click…

Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Funny, John. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: Brad

Chris,

My hat is off to you also for all the work you've put in thus far. Maintaining the large amount of information provided on this site cannot be an easy task. Keep up the good work.

Brad

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

it. What I mean is that I put things like news about meetings near the top…stuff home buyers would find uninteresting. What this does is visually alerts them that they’ve landed on a trade association’s site. I give them one brief sales pitch at the very top and and out to www.FindAnInspector.US as this is what they are likely seeking.

NACHI has other sites specifically marketed to REALTORs.

Once we finish RealMatcher.com, a competitor to REALTOR.com, we'll have ALL the agents actually on our sites, not just visiting them.

Nick[/i]

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

the visitor toward his/her topics of interest… we actually do the same… only instead of different sections catering to different visitors… we use entirely different sites marketed differently and directly.

Wow that sentence was so long I can't remember what it means ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif) .

Nick

http://www.nachi.org/domains.htm