NACHI member creates super successful marketing idea.

Originally Posted By: ecox1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Great job will nice work

Thanks for sharing. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif) ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

Originally Posted By: wdecker

Totally agree, Frank. Maybe you misunderstood me.

What I meant was that during seminars, I strive not to sell me or my company, but to sell the idea and concept of home inspections AND of NACHI as a national (international) association.

I refer people to the NACHI web site all the time. It is a source of information and education (If we can ever get these feuds under control or at least limited to the members only section). I have a paragraph in my report letter:

"Please do not hesitate to call me, or any NACHI member if you have ANY questions about your new home. NACHI inspectors have access to over 5,000 inspectors from aroun the country and the world, as well as to the world's largest data base of home inspection information and experts in all the different constructions speciaties (master electricians, HVAC techs, plumbers, structural engineers, inductrial hygenists, etc). I may not always know the answer to your question, but I know that I can count on NACHI to have someone who does!"

This is EDUCATION! People like that. They respond to that. When someone finds a diamond in the pile of stones, they brag about it. That bragging is the BEST form of marketing I know.

We have the tools. We have the means. We have the knowledge. We have the experts.

All we have to do is use them.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: fbuttermore

Actually my response wasn’t quite clear…I agreed with your whole premise and added the homeowner part…

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I’m sort of new to power point presentations so do most RE offices have projectors for a laptop for you to utilize or do you have to bring your own?

What do you need to connect to one of these projectors? Will it automatically show the viewscreen when plugged in? What port does it use and do you need to run a program?

How long do you arrive to set things up prior to the presentation?

dumb questions, but I’ve never done one of these.

Will, I have a couple of questions...I just want to make sure the information is accurate before possibly showing this to realtors, who are known skeptics....
Is that repair of the rotted rim joist really $36,000? it just seems high...real high. I would guess a couple of thousand max, but then again, I've never had to repair this before.
Also, are those really main electrical service feeds? They look like cable lines. Again, just trying to verify that everything is correct, not trying to pick anything apart.
Again, good work.

Kevin

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: mtimpani

Will, very nice, thanks.

Thank you, MarkTimpani

www.pridepropertyinspections.com

The story of the rim joist.

Younder couple were buying a newe house. It was a teardown, the finished house rqan about 4,400SF. We call them McMansions around here.

They are usually being built by new GCs who are primarily from Eastern Europe. They (mostly) hire cheap labor and subs (some do a bad job and some are GREAT.) I just look at the finished product.

In any case, the builder (only the 3rd house he has built) put this brick planer on the front and the grade in the planter was 2-3 inches above the weep wicks. Told them to have it removed, but they wated it.

4 months later, they call me. I go over and see this.

Got a SE who recommended jacking the front, replaceing the rim joist and the sill plate. Did this, they had to tickpoint the front where the metal ties had caused cracking on the brick.

Of course, all this work was done by licensed and insured contractors, most of whom were union (this was in Chicago, after all).

I think they got off pretty cheap, all things considered.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076

Originally Posted By: mrose

William,

Great job.

Chalk one up for NACHI inspectors.

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

To all of you who have been e-mailing me (and who, pretty much can’t read) icon_lol.gif

You can get the presentation from the NACHI site. That was Nicks whole point of putting the link as the first post on this thread.

I don't mind anwering e-mail, just not when I have to answer the same questions over and over again.

Hope this helps.

Will

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076

Originally Posted By: Aimee Jalowsky

Will,

The link is here, http://www.nachi.org/chicagorealtor.htm and you need your user name and password to access it. If you do not know what it is, email me and I can tell you.

Aimee;

I can access it. I was just commenting on all the people who are e-mailing me wanting me to send it to them. That's why I sent it to you, por posting on the NACHI site.

You did good, it's just that some people can't read. ![icon_razz.gif](upload://rytL63tLPMQHkufGmMVcuHnsuWJ.gif)

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076

Originally Posted By: Aimee Jalowsky

Easy now Will, you are a home inspector too! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: jrivera

daer nac i icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

No insult intended. These threads are, sometimes, REAL long.

Will Decker

Decker Home Services

Skokie, IL 60076

I hav attanted the Evilin Woodhead sped reding cours and it has inprov’d my reding rate substatilly. My reding and riting has impppproved and so as my comprnsen.

I wood rec'mend the Evilin Woodhead sped reding corse to all my frens and you can tell dem that you all herd it rite here on Roller Derby.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076

Originally Posted By: jrivera

Amen to that or

taht ot nemA

This is weird.

Dyslexia spelled backwards to a dyslexic is still dyslexia.

Gotta be some very deep meaning in that.

Where's my Beam and Coke. ![eusa_dance.gif](upload://s9dv24YwSSRLNpgOOSxL1BkwUQ9.gif)

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076