Need a volunteer Chairperson for Awards Committee.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

or Most Readable Report, etc (not stuff like most growth). Chairperson will have to put together a committee, accept nominations and get committee to vote for winners. Also, we need the committee to find a trophy shop that can make us the trophies (maybe a golden magnifying glass???) I’ll generate the local press for every award given. It will be good for the winner and all of NACHI publicity-wise and it will educate us all by allowing us all to see what other fellow members of our industry excel at. I think it should be open to all inspectors (not just NACHI) but of course… you decide.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Interesting idea… we should have some ready to give out at the convention… people like to see others getting awards…

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Yes. We need someone to do it for 2004. Then again in 2005.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: hgordon

Count me in Nick.

Harvey Gordon

SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President

hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: gbell

deleted

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I’m not sure if nominations are in order, but I would like to nominate John Bowman for the position. He is of excellent character, thorough and fair. I think he would do a great job!!

Originally Posted By: psabados

Working with John on the NACHI Foundation, I feel that he would be a natural for the position. Great organizer and excellent communications skill.

I would like to second Blaine's recommendation

Paul

I would third it…

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: hgordon

OK…I dont want this to sound one sided…but I think that as we add Commitees…they should be handled by those who are not presently on other commitees…I think that we need to open up the Commitees to new blood…after all, that is the only way we are going to see the membership participate.

If we continue to "close" the doors to "new" folks, at some point we will all simply stop volunteering.

I should say that I have no reason to believe that John would not do a fine job...maybe John could vote in as to wether he would want to be a part of this...if so, maybe he would want to step down from his other duties and take on this as a promotion.

I know that anyone that volunteers will do a great job....after all, they are not getting paid to do it...just doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

Finally, if we must pick from someone who is already serving (I understand that it is in the foundation) then I vote for Gary Johnson.

Gary has proven to be a man of great organizational ability.

Just my 2 cents.

hmmm, good points Harvey. I don’t want to serve as a awards chair person… And I think that John does a great job on the Foundation, so I hope that he will stay there. So if we all think it should be someone that is not already serving. Then lets find someone… Does that also mean not serving as a Chapter president.

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I must agree that Big John would be a great choice to Chair this effort, providing he has the time, and wants to do it.

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

John, looks like your the sucker, oops I mean Awards Committee Chairperson. Put your committee together, your criteria for awarding, find a trophy shop that can build us our trophies, have at it…

We can probably get the closest Chapter President or Committee member to present the awards.

I think you should consider awards for great inspection products and services too (like J.D. Power and Associates does for the auto industry), but maybe later.

I nominate Harvey G. for a member of the Committee.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.