*** Need Ride Alongs in NV *****

Originally Posted By: Mike Kimball
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Anyone in Southern Nevada willing to help me out with 25 observations? I know it is the holiday season and not quite sure how busy everyone is, but I am sure we can work something out.

Thanks!

Mike

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Mike,

Did you find anyone to take you on the 25 ride alongs you requested?

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Mike Kimball

Not really. I got a couple of people to say they would for a steep price. 45 - 100 dollars per inspection. Its a little too high I think. One company said they would consider it if I signed a two year non compete agreement. Once again, worthless. The real estate division will not provide a list off all inspectors and instructors approved. Only two. There is an approved course offered by a real estate school, it is a month long and is $650. Not too bad, but I am still holding out. Contacting individual inspectors is tough because they do not think competition is a good thing. They will give any excuse to keep form giving even one ride along (insurance does not cover it, not qualified, too busy, not busy enough, clients disallow it). There is also an “association” of inspectors from southern Nevada. Southern Nevada Association of “Professional” Property Inspectors…(SNAPPI.org) But they will not offer assistance or even a return email/phone call. So I’m not sure what they are here for. There is even a company I contacted whose owner sits on the real estate board, that flat out refused. It is really annoying, are people really that scared of free enterprise? So I’m still trudging along, why do you ask LoL. icon_lol.gif