New all access member

Hello all,
Wanted to introduce myself as a potential home inspector based in Honolulu, Hawaii. This is all Greek to me. I have some real estate management background where we had to write property inspection reports. So after doing that I wanted to retire, but didn’t know anything else but writing inspection reports for HOA homeowners. So I asked a friend where do you go from here if I wanted to retire. He said to use that skill set and move laterally in another career path. And here I am, using my eyes and ears towards the Home Inspection Industry with the help and guidance from the Forum. I also enjoyed watching the videos and the value InterNACHI offers. What an awesome opportunity! Again just wanted to say hello and to be safe out there with the obvious craziness in our world.
Respectfully yours,
-Jeris

5 Likes

Hi Jeris,

Best of luck to you!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, Jeris. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Jeris!..enjoy participating. :smile:

3 Likes

Jeris, this may help you:

Contact some CMIs or CPIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, to your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring or hiring.

Here is the link for CMIs: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And the link for CPIs: Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI®

And Mentors: Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors

Also, you may want to take advantage of your Education Team at education@internachi.org for specific questions e.g. 15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® Master Class for Home Inspectors .

And there is the Helpful How-To Videos - InterNACHI® for many other things. And the InterNACHI online education page: How do I navigate the InterNACHI online education page? | InterNACHI FAQ

P.S. Welcome to our forum. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Welcome !!!

3 Likes

Welcome Jeris, best of luck!

2 Likes

Thank you kind very much!!

Thank you VERY much for your help and links!!!

Thank you so much!!