New home foundation crack

That crack is 8 Ft off the wall to the left and on the inside wall of the garage to the house entrance, the attached garage is centered on the house. That would be the garage slab inside the garage not the driveway. the garage is a 24 x 24 with above living room I am thinking it would have piles considering the living space extends over the entire garage…

Exterior photos would complete the picture for us.

Hi guys I have an update further inspection today I did some measurements and made better determinations.
The crack is where the attached garage meets the house corner. The garage overhangs the house by 48" and that is where the crack is it also goes right through to the outside… inside corner and is les 1/8" on the outside but in the garage it is 1/8". It seems to appear to me that the corner chuck of concrete may had not set right and cracked away. see additional pic

Good Day Trevor;
So if I get this correct, the drop crack area is only 48 inches to the outside wall? When the foundation is dug that corner would have been excavated to the footing of the house 6-9 feet the grade Beam that the garage sits on would not have undisturbed soil under that portion. Now there is a lack of water control in this area starting with no kickout flashing on the upper roof, the disturbed ground is not sufficiently packed and graded away from the foundation, then let us talk about the exhaust of the furnace and water heater both during the winter build ice stalagmites of ice under them and melt into the ground. So pressure from freeze-thaw cycle can put a lot of pressure on that concrete connection and the corner of the basement foundation. A moisture meter and or an infrared scan of the interior wall, could show if the crack is into the basement or if the crack is between the grade beam and the basement wall. either way control of water is critical around foundations. Have a great day.
Darwin Hodges