New Message Board System

Originally Posted By: Webmaster
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I put a new message board system up… If you see any problems, let me know.

Chris Morrell, Webmaster

P.S. Just checking out the edit feature to make sure it works.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Chirs,

Good. Works good, looks good.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: eharris

Webmaster wrote:
I put a new message board system up... If you see any problems, let me know. Chris Morrell, Webmaster

Looks Great! Looks more direct & user friendly. I have been working on a Chapter Bulletin Board for the new California Capitol Chapter in Sacramento.

I just created our "beta" during the last two days. The link is http://www.nachi-cacapitol.h-rsi.com/phpBB2/.

Not being a guru, and having a self designed & self maintained site, I would appreciate any help, comments or suggections you would have regarding.

We appreciate your help.

Eric Harris
HarrisCM
www.HarrisCM.com
Harris Residential Service
www.H-RSI.com

Originally Posted By: rking

Eric,

Looks a lot this site.

Except for all the "Zero posts" it looks good. I will visit the site in the future.

--
Muskoka Home Inspections
"Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences"
Steering Committee Member At Large

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

I joined as Member #3 and will put up lots of electrical items, maybe this will be where we can get some new ideas and suggestions for the electrical HI areas in California.

I will also suggest that they consider having a NACHI electrical seminar in their area.

California is my old stomping ground, I lived in Glendale and South Pasadena. I was the Senior Electrical Inspector in Glendale and Pasadena.

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Not sure why you would make a competing site with your organization, but ok…just doesn’t make much sense…having a website with announcements listed for your chapeter specifically?..sure. A competing site? No.

Just my .02

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: eharris

kmcmahon wrote:
Not sure why you would make a competing site with your organization, but ok....just doesn't make much sense....having a website with announcements listed for your chapter specifically?...sure. A competing site? No. Just my .02

To my knowledge, there is not a Chapter area within the NACHI BB. The Reason for having a Chapter BB system are the same reasons NACHI has this BB system. There are also area specific legal, insurance, liability, code, inspection.....etc, issues which would be beneficial to the Chapter membership if addressed in one place easy to find.

The idea is not to be different but to compliment NACHI National, which is why we have posted in this Forum.

PLEASE, THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR DISCUSSION OF THIS TOPIC.
I WILL OPEN A TOPIC IN MISC DISCUSSION.

Eric Harris
Harris Residential Service
www.H-RSI.com
www.HarrisCM.com
NACHI California Capitol Chapter
"Stay Involved so We can Stay Strong."

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Chris … I assume you mean changes to http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem and not the new CA board. I noticed the changes to posting pics, and I like it.

P.S. It also doesn't make sense to have a completely separate board for each state/area. However it does make sense for there to be a separate section/topic on the NACHI board for each state/area. Some issues are specific to a limited locality.

Maybe a Chapter topic, with threads for each chapter, that is automatically visible only to people from those states/areas, but others could sign up if they like.

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

2:01 PM Post subject: New Message Board System

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Good catch Joe … I didn’t even check the dates on the prior posts. I did notice recent changes to the way pics are uploaded, and I like it.

I still don't get the idea of a completely separate CA board with mirror technical topics.

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I saw it…just the guy who bought it back from the grave decided to post…then it becomes a live thread again! icon_wink.gif

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector