New Panel - Old sticker

Is this legal? Can someone remove a building department sticker from an old panel and attach it to a new one?
The sticker is from 1975 and the panel was obviously recently installed.

1 Like

I don’t know if that is an issue or not.
I my neck of the woods, if you replace a panel it has to be permitted, so around here it should have had a new permit.

2 Likes

It certainly does not belong there - even if the home owner thought it would be nifty to keep it on site. It would be better retained in a scrap book at best. Taping it to a newer panel implies that its 1975 inspection date would somehow extend to the new panel.

Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

Around here a panel change would require a permit and an inspection along with a new sticker. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would concern myself with identifying and reporting deficiencies with the installation. If they are pervasive, I might recommend to my client to verify permitting and inspections.

1 Like

These ^^^^^^^^^^ are what I think also.

The panel wasn’t too bad, a double tap on a neutral, but outside, the service drop had inadequate ground clearance and there were temporary connections at the weatherhead.

1 Like

Why the h would you get all twisted because somebody stuck an old sticker to the inside of a panel cover door. Pay attention to the specifications, as stated in the SOP. Does this situation have any affect, all, regarding the value of the home or the safety of the occupants?
Just asking.
Cheers

I don’t see any temporary connections at the service point.

2 Likes