New product: Stair and Railing Measurement Disks

1 Like

I use one of theses. I can measure handrails, tread heights, insulation depth, egress dimensions I can go on and on.

10 Likes

Ain’t America wonderful; 10 cents worth of plastic for $12.00!

My goto rule for home inspections: two foot folding rule.

If you have a tape measure the client inevitably wants to borrow it, so I just give them a dollar store tape with my logo.

8 Likes

The tape measure replies are hilarious.

Great tool Nick. Thanks for the heads up.

I bet if you put the baluster spaces on this years Christmas giveaway the tape measure guys will be salivating to get a set. Lol.

You sir are a freaking genius! People always ask to use my tape. I’m headed to the dollar store.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. A good eye and a tape measure work great. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

What a suck ass! It’s a $12 plastic disc!

2 Likes

WAFI, WAFI…

2 Likes

It is quite easy to place a disk between balusters with one hand while taking a picture with your camera as compare to, pulling out the tap measure, setting the lock on the tape placed at the desired inches, placing the tape in front or between the balusters, while both hands are occupied moreover, fumbling around for your camera than take the right angle of shot and pressing the shutter button.
To me, time is money. Looks market!
For 12 dollars, its a cheap investment that will last a long time.
Damn. I give $25.00 dollar brand name tape measurers to my clients at every inspection.
Admit it. You guys are cheap.

Might want to correct your spelling, Robert.

2 Likes

Thanks, Dom. Well received.

PS: I think Mr. Johnson would cover 2 balusters so that point is moot. :wink:

I did. Changing it now doesn’t change what you wrote first!

Actually you are mistaken. Read for yourself.
It is quite easy to place a disk between balusters with one hand while taking a picture with your camera as compare to, pulling out the tap measure, setting the lock on the tape placed at the desired inches, placing the tape in front or between the balusters, while both hands are occupied moreover, fumbling around for your camera than take the right angle of shot and pressing the shutter button.

The edit changed the error.

You should learn to be and act more like Dominic. You know. Like a professional.

Me thinks the purpose of the colored disks is to take a PIC of them in use and include in your inspection report.

1 Like

Nick - I have not checked, but the 3 dimensional foam balls are priceless for this. I like them better than a disc simply as if the spacing is good, you can stick the ball in the gap and it will hold itself in place. Just food for thought. The disc will have to be held with a hand (Not a huge deal, but…The foam ball concept is better). These were on the outlet a few years back.

Here they are, but you really need to checkout the price!!! ;). Stairway Inspection Spheres – Inspector Outlet

2 Likes

Interesting! Have not seen a folding rule in decades.
Should be good for measuring insulation depth.

If you’re going to use these plastic discs in your report two photographs will have to be taken. One of the silly disc between the balusters. Another photograph will have to go into the report of a measuring tape verifying the dimensions of the discs.

If you just put a photograph of a colored disc in your report you will look like a fool. Oh wait you spent $12 on a plastic disc…fool has been verified.

3 Likes

That’s just silly. The same calibration research can be said about measuring tapes.
Especially the wooden folding yard stick. Lol… My Granny use to use one. Likely inherited or plain out and out stolen from Granny. If so… ‘Shame on you.’ Poor granny…
As well. Wood shrinks over time as well as moves within its environment.

Disks are standardized measurements. Likely duplicated from a Three D printer.
I use a set of AWG gauges produced by member Sean Fogarty. That’s who I though produced these.

Dam you guys are like children.