New site to help members increase their SEO now lists # of members in each state/prov

Blaine,

I had thought the the Florida HI licensing Bill didn’t take effect until July 1, 2010?

Your Address**It is very important that you provide a WORKING mailing address (P.O. boxes are permitted). If mail can’t be sent to this address, you will be removed from our membership database. **

We need a place to enter a “service area” (only one city).

I don’t want to change my working address.

For rural inspectors, we have several cities in any direction we may want to be listed for (as posted, some are out of state).

If we can change this as we please, we can provide better coverage areas depending on others listings. You won’t have 50 inspectors in one city, or inspectors listed in areas like mine. The only thing in Woodlawn is a one bay fire house and a post office the size of your living room! And in actually, I live in Dotsonville, TN (but there is no post office there). I go to Woodlawn about once a year, when I vote! :slight_smile:

Ben Kelly and I never cross paths because the Cumberland & Tennessee River is in the way! I can see the other side from my back door, but I have to swim, or drive an hour to get there. My home telephone listing address was over there at one time, but there was no Internet then to mix things up.

Seems like they are not fulfilling the standards for NACHI membership, Blaine . . .

Steve, Dave & I share the same problem as many other members. It’s been an ongoing problem for years. I had been under the impression that, by entering our primary (target) zip code in our profile, we’d be able to change that.
Now, we either lose out on a lot of business, or type in a different home address . . .

this is awesome thanks Nick:mrgreen:

I’m not certain it will even take place then by the looks of things, but Charlotte county has a license (only county in the state) that requires among other things…you guessed it, passage of the NHIE, only not just pass, the minimum score is 555.

The inspectors (if they are inspectors) listed prior to me could easily live in Charlotte county but work in Sarasota county.

It just seems that someone who can’t legally work in a county shouldn’t be listed there, but it is the same with ASHI.

Wow… The Florida HI licensing is a mess.

The only way to resolve this particular situation is for iNACHI to designate an individual to verify all inspectors in licensed counties/states.

Of the first 102 Illinois inspectors on the SEO list.

14 did not renew their Illinois License.

9 do not have any record of ever having an Illinois License.

1 who only had their Lic. for 5 months is on probation, Lic. suspended.

Total = 24 out 102 Almost 25% can not legally perform home inspections in Illinois.

Hey guys,

I realize that the city listed on this page is your mailing city and not your target city. This will change with a future update (soon). We’re rolling this system out in small updates as part of an ongoing SEO strategy. For the time-being, FindAnInspector.US, InspectorSeek.com and InspectorNow.com are our primary listing pages (each of which list you under your target city). The page Nick linked to is part of an upcoming refresh of our listing pages and search engines, so don’t worry about it too much yet.

Cheers,

CM

I did not find myself. Do we have to do something to get added?

You are there. Left hand column. 3/4 of the way down. Pull up the Texas list, go to Edit on your browser, choose Find, and type in your last name.

Personally, I like to push FindAnInspector.us , as that’s the easiest for buyers, agents etc to remember. If any one site is going to get primo consideration / facelift / list if ancillary services, please let it be this one!

Nick and Chris,

Thanks . . . looks good.

Personally I like www.InspectorNow.com because the consumer gets instant gratification.

http://www.nachi.org/immediategratification.htm

Put the call button / instant gratification with the FindAnInspector.us name, & I’d call it a winner!
FAI is great when you want to give a “non-association specific” site.

Nick and Chris,

I love that site also, but I don’t like the fact that it lists home inspectors from New Hampshire that aren’t even licensed to perform home inspections in Massachusetts.

Imagine the inconvenience of Buyers attempting to locate an HI (within a specific distance) and they start calling inspectors in the New Hampshire area (who are close), who then state that they are not licensed to inspect in Massachusetts. Who knows, they may even be booking the Massachusetts inspections in illegally.

The best way to avoid this issue would to place some sort of slot on the inspector pages where it lists the state(s) they are legally licensed to inspect in.

David, same thing with CT & NY.

The site isn’t designed to have consumers find you on it. It is more designed to help boost YOUR sites’ SEO.

Ohhh . .

One of the things that really boost your site’s SEO is to have a very large, inspection-related site link to your inspection business site. Generally, members’ sites enjoy high search engine rank and we continue to push member’s sites in every way we can.