New STRUCTURAL forum added today.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

New STRUCTURAL forum added today.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

Ask and you shall receive. That’s awesome. Thanks Chris and Nick.

Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

NACHI gets, structure !!! whatever next icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Next we need a “Gals with guns” section… well… maybe not. icon_wink.gif

Nick

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Nick,

www.stackedandpacked.com. by G. Gordon Liddy. They are even posing on Harleys. Gals, Guns, Bikes....what's not to like ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) Besides, seems like it belongs in the "structure" category

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Maybe some people can move some of their “Structural” related posts here to get things better organized, and start the ball rolling. Maybe move the topic just below “Exterior” and “Interior” too, since it is really related to those, and kind of better follows the typical inspection order.

Blane ... that is a funny link I have seen before ... I ride too, so I think it's a cool link. But maybe something for the "Not For Everyone" section to keep things here more professional looking. Just a thought.

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

roconnor wrote:

Blane ... that is a funny link I have seen before ... I ride too, so I think it's a cool link. But maybe something for the "Not For Everyone" section to keep things here more professional looking. Just a thought.

Robert, what are you talking about? As I observe the photo the slope of grade appears appropriate in relation to the foundation. Swales appear to be manmade but adequate. Appliances appear to be properly bonded.

....or is that duct tape? ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Robert,

I posted that simply as a response to Nicks' post, and for a little humor. Even though these threads are very informative, they are often a little dry. If I had put it in the not for everyone category, Nick would probably miss the reply.

John,

I guess we have to assume the rubber on the base of the metal structure is sufficient to support the structure and the additional live load. Or maybe we should call in Paul Teutel for further evaluation (of the metal only).

Now, back on to the usual informative stuff. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)