Nick and Harvey to speak in Fort Lauderdale Florida

Originally Posted By: hgordon
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Attention all South Florida inspectors!!

Take the opportunity to come to hear and meet Nick Gromicko, the Director of NACHI, and Harvey Gordon, the NACHI SE Fla Chapter President.

Nick and I will be attending, by invitation, the Gulfstream Chapter meeting on Tuesday, May 11th at 6pm.

The event is held at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott (6650 N Andrews Ave, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33309 954-741-0440) and is open to all inspectors.

These guys put out a very nice dinner prior to the event. Cost is $30 per person.

See you there!

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: jpeck

hgordon wrote:
Nick and I will be attending, by invitation, the Gulfstream Chapter meeting on Tuesday, May 11th at 6pm.

Harvey,

This is one of the problems I have with you.

First, I've been told that you have told people that I am a member of the South Florida NACHI Chapter, and you know I am not. I guess you are doing that to make you seem 'real'?

Second. you were not invited, you asked if you and Nick could come. Then I was asked if it were okay by the person you asked, and responded 'sure, they can come'.

You and Nick are welcome to come (I look forward to meeting Nick), but that is not the same as us contacting you and inviting you.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: evandeven

Is this the former ASHI Gulfstream chapter?

If so, when you have a “real” NACHI chapter meeting, I will attend.

Eric Van De Ven

Owner/Inspector

Magnum Inspections Inc.

I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!

www.magnuminspections.com

Eric,

This is the 'in flux' Gulfstream ASHI Chapter. 'In flux' as it is changing to something else, but it will not be a true NACHI Chapter.

If anything, it is possible that it could become a 'NACHI Affiliated' chapter, just like it could become 'affiliated' with NAHI, FABI, and other associations.

There was the hope (my hope) that this would become an affiliated NACHI chapter eventually, however, that now seems highly unlikely as NACHI has formed its own chapter and Harvey is the President of that chapter, however many members it has.

Regardless, you are still welcome to attend. Your loss of you do not. The HIs meet because they like to learn from each other, what the name is and what it is associated with is secondary.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: evandeven

As I figured.

Perhaps I will swing by just to meet Nick.

Anyone can start their own NACHI chapter. I would start my own, but I really do not have the time.

Eric Van De Ven

Owner/Inspector

Magnum Inspections Inc.

I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!

www.magnuminspections.com

Originally Posted By: hgordon

that I “should” come to share the benefits of joining NACHI to those who are still hanging in there. As Pete said, he is OK with it if that is what the others would like.

Jerry, I asked Nick if he would come and he said sure, ONLY if "they" were OK with him coming. So on 4/20 I sent Pete an Email asking if Nick would also be allowed to speak. After that I spoke again with Pete who indicated that Nick was welcome also to speak.

So as you can see Jerry, this has all started by an INVITATION from Pete for me to speak. Get your story right and stop bad mouthing NACHI or the Local Chapter that we are TRYING to form...after all YOU ARE a NACHI member.

Quote:
but it will not be a true NACHI Chapter.

Quote:
There was the hope (my hope) that this would become an affiliated NACHI chapter eventually, however, that now seems highly unlikely as NACHI has formed its own chapter and Harvey is the President of that chapter, however many members it has.

I see by your post Jerry that either your Gulfstream group has decided not to be a part of NACHI or you have decided it for them! This despite the invitation from Pete Romano that I come and share the benefits of NACHI with the guys there and let them decide.

If, by the looks of it, you guys do not want to join the SE FL chapter, don't! Start another one that will continue to be the old group of guys just as you have been. My desire is to see NACHI grow...not SE FL NACHI. Nick and I are coming to share the benefits of NACHI and I also will let your group know that there is now a Local Chapter.

There is no membership to the Local Chapter Jerry. Open to all NACHI members and working members, and independent HI's alike. Its function is
- to provide an environment by which NACHI members and working members can congregate
- to provide an atmosphere that will foster the growth of the HI industry in SE FL as well as NACHI
- to avail the opportunity for one on one HI relationships
- to provide the SE region of Florida with a place where members and working members can receive qualifying CEU's as required by the NACHI Continuing Education Policy.
As you can see Jerry, it is not formed by me to be another governing body or desiring to be one.

Jerry, on the subject of me saying that you are part of the "South Florida NACHI Chapter"...not once! Never! I have told many that you are a NACHI member as well as that I have started a Local Chapter, but NEVER that you are a part of it! So please stop accusing me of stuff that I have not said. More importantly stop writing about things I have not said.

I am not going to continue this childish personal attack from you Jerry. As I have said PUBLICLY in the past, I will say again, I respect your knowledge of Codes and your HI professionalism, but don't let that knowledge turn to pride and then so puff you up that you begin to believe that you have open access to defame or attack me or others.

I am asking you, if you desire to discuss this any further, why don't you pick up the phone and call me? I have posted my numbers for you in the past and I have posted it again.

954-444-5232 Direct Cell
954-227-7001 Office
866-466-3055 Toll Free
954-227-9727 Home Number

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Harvey,

Strange that your recollection is so different than Pete's. Pete was stumped about why you said I was a member of your chapter, and also did not know who Nick was, and stated that you asked if you could come and bring Nick.

I told Pete who Nick was, who you were (President of the South Florida NACHI Chapter) and said there would be no problem with you and Nick coming, besides, that would give me a chance to meet Nick.

I know several people who know you (Burt, Pete, Lois, etc.), however, I cannot remember you (they all said you came to our meetings a few times). I am, unfortunately, very bad with names and faces until I've seen them a few times, so we've probably met at the meetings, and Lois said you were also at Jeff's new construction class, and I just don't recall it. My apologies for not remembering.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida