First Picture From SE Florida Chapter Meeting

Originally Posted By: Webmaster
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

We just finished cleaning up from the SE Florida chapter meeting… I’ll have more pictures later, but I thought I’d put one up now:

![](upload://bTrYIxMdDXDjysWWLZj7DmM8soq.jpeg)

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://ep21hyuVCWqXmw7jCe3mPM5Pba0.html)

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Originally Posted By: gbell

He was standing in front of a table full of ASHI Inspectors.

Needless to say they are all NACHI members now. I belive that Harvey had over 40 new members sign up at the meeting and only one of them was free.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Greg:

It was nice to meet you last evening as it is great to be able to put the names to faces. It was truly an overwhelming event.

Florida Inspectors are truly exemplifying that the dedication of the individual inspector to the cause can make a difference in shaping the legislative future of your business.

Personally, I was impressed with the positive attitudes expressed by the Ladies and Gentlemen in attendance at the meeting. Similar comments were made to me by the guest speakers attending the meeting.

I will continue to provide assistance in any way that I can.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Harvey:

GREAT JOB!!!

To everyone who helped Harvey:

BRAVO!!!

Mr. Hagarty:
Thank you sir it was great to meet you. It is very reassuring to know what a talented group of people we have leading us at the national level.

All Florida Inspectors:
It was great to meet all of you last night. I do believe that we are all involved in what will be viewed as a historic event some day. It is so exciting that we all can be a part of everything that is going to develop in the near future.
We will let the actions speak for themselves. Stay Tuned.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

gbell wrote:
He was standing in front of a table full of ASHI Inspectors.
Needless to say they are all NACHI members now. I believe that Harvey had over 40 new members sign up at the meeting and only one of them was free.

If NACHI requires everyone to pass the NACHI entrance test, then how did 40+ people join without taking the test at the meeting. I thought that the entrance test was the pedestal or foundation of being a NACHI member.

Originally Posted By: dbush

Scott, we at new meetings often have people who either have:

a. Already passed the requirements and are signing the affidavits or
b. Make the commitment that as soon as they pass the requirements their affidavits and memberships are attached.
c. People, no one, joins NACHI without meeting the requirements of www.nachi.org/join

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: srowe

I believe the entrance test was waived if the new member was already a full member of another home inspection society.

Originally Posted By: hgordon

icon_redface.gif I am so very humbled by each of your posts.

As you each may know, I was made aware yesterday just moments before the meeting that a close family member passed away, and so I am sorry that I have not posted sooner. My time is very limited, but I will be sure to post something tomorrow.

But know this, FLORIDA IS NACHI/FACHI COUNTRY!!

I cannot sign off without saying thank you to:
? All the Florida Chapter Presidents Greg Bell, Joe Burkeson, and Damon O'Donnell
? The new Directors of SE Florida NACHI, David Keough of DEA Home Inspection Team, Inc., Eric Van De Ven of Magnum Inspections Inc., Eric Atkinson of E.T.A. Home Inspections and Michael Zwerin of MTC Home Inspections
? The Registration crew, Mitzi Gordon, Megan Charrette, and Marisa Zwerin...WOW you ladies did an excellent job!!
? Lorne Steiner of Porter Valley Software, Carl Fower of 3D Software, the folks at PalmTech software...thank you for your UNBELIEVABLE donations to our Hurricane Charley Fund (I will post more about this tomorrow)
? To all who attended and supported our Hurricane Charley fund (I will post more about this tomorrow)
? To our ALL the speakers..GREAT JOB!
? And to Nick Gromiko, Joe Hagarty, and Chris Morrell....WOW you each mean so much to me and to this Association...thank you for flying all the way down here to support the State Of Florida NACHI members.

I will post a larger note on this tomorrow, but I am so amazed at this that I cant just leave you hanging....in all we collected close to $3,000 (maybe more I will know tomorrow) for the NACHI Foundation Hurricane Charley Fund!!! MORE TOMORROW...I promise!

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Scott:

I received that same question. Most of the applicants were currently ASHI Members lookibng for an alternative. We recognize the NHIE as a qualifier.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Scott,

Bad choice of words on my part. I should have stated that 40 applications were submitted.

Guess you guys will jump at anything you can.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Just some notes:

- First of all, with all the flashes going off at this meeting you'd think someone would post a pic other than the one of that big a.h. acting like a big a.h. Can't someone moderate this? ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

- BIG Thanks to Joe Hagarty & Chris Morrell (we flew back to Philly together). Both squeezed this meeting in between their hectic schedules.

- BIG Thanks to Joe Burkeson and Greg Bell, two of our other Florida Chapter Presidents who attended.

- BIG Thanks to all who pitched in for the fundraisers. I think we raised close to $3,000.00 for hurricane victims.

- BIG Thanks to all the sponsors (too many to list).

_ BIG Thanks to all the speakers: Norma Jean, Lorne Steiner, and the fellas from pre-paid legal all donate product, service, and money too.

- BIG Thanks to our attorney Adam Oulette for giving us a weather report from up there

- BIG Thanks to Matt DuPree who has offered his legislative services to NACHI at no charge (because he believes in us).

- BIG Thanks to Normand. Nice job on the dinner.

- BIG Thanks to Harold, wish you could have been there.

- BIG Thanks to the NACHI Foundation.

- BIG Thanks to 200 attendees and those who joined NACHI. If any applicant can't fulfill http://www.nachi.org/membership.htm we will refund their money in full.

- BIG Thanks to the ASHI fellas who helped us. You are so welcome at NACHI.

- BIG Thanks to all who participated in the auction. Will the fella bidding against me for the software please contact me... It wasn't fair for me to run it up and so I'm going to pay for 1/2 of yours personally.

- BIG Thanks to my buddies from USInspect and P2P for supporting us. I know we disagree sometimes but we agree more often.

- Very BIG Thanks to David and Paul of the NW Florida Home Inspectors Association for the legislative help. The NW Florida Home Inspectors Association is a NACHI Chapter (though it doesn't have NACHI in it's name as it was in existence first before becoming a chapter).

- Very BIG Thanks to a couple anonymous helpers. You know who you are.

- Very BIG Thanks to everyone I forgot to mention.

- And a Very, Very, Very BIG THANKS to Harvey. Wow Harvey!

Nick

P.S. A Sarasota, Florida NACHI Chapter is forming. Our Florida NACHI State association grew. We're going to need a stadium in Florida if this keeps up.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: dharris

OK Guys

I’m confused, all hype regarding membership is based on nachis superior test and anybody that doesn’t take and pass it is blind

Now you accept the sub par nhie [often referred to as the ashi exam] as an alternative to the nachi exam

I guess now anybody in licensed states automatically qualifies for nachi membership by just paying 289 and signing some affidavit, and also gets to use the elite gold seal cmi logo[ or what ever is is]

We believe that a new NACHI applicant and a full ASHI member are roughly equivalent and so we unilaterally accept full ASHI membership qualifications as NACHI entrance requirements (in some circumstances).

Some here are too hung up on the exam. Passing an exam is only one of many requirements to join NACHI http://www.nachi.org/membership.htm and passing an exam is only one requirement of full membership in ASHI if I am not mistaken.

Perhaps one day membership reciprocity will exist.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

[quote=“gromicko”]We believe that a new NACHI applicant and a full ASHI member are roughly equivalent and so we unilaterally accept full ASHI membership qualifications as NACHI entrance requirements (in some circumstances).

A New nachi applicant and a full ashi member with
apx 2 plus years exp to qualify
with a minuimn of 250 completed inspections,
there inspection reports verified that they meet standards
and 40 plus hrs cont ed. roughly equivalent ?????

You are quite mistaken. The 250 inspections are not verified as I have delineated on another post. ASHI did not verify that the 250 inspection addresses turned in by someone working for me were performed by that applicant before granting that novice full membership in ASHI.

So your 2 year qualification you mention can be discarded.

Your 250 completed inspection qualification you mention can be discarded as well because you don't know who did them.

It doesn't matter if they meet standards if you don't know who performed them so that qualification can also be discarded.

This leaves you with 40 hours of continuing education. Good, but how do you verify they are awake during it?

This leaves you with the following...

-

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Can we leave ASHI out of it? They are anyway.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I noticed your prior post regarding your prior inspector

I can only speak for my experience
I was required to send a list of 250 names and addresses with a notarized statement stating that I did perform these fee paid inspections personally and agreed to provide any # or all upon request. Out of those names submitted I was required to send 5 inspection of there choice for review prior to receiving full membership

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Dan,

Give it a rest. Guys like you and Scott hear footsteps.

Truth is that this org is regarded as a worthwhile venue by many an inspector, new or old.

Lots of ASHI guys like us, and that sticks in your craw even more.

Face facts, boys... NACHI has arrived. Deal with it.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."