Nick - Clarification Please

Guys,

There’s a twist here. Apparently, it is not ASHI’s policy to disallow educational credits at events sponsored by a competing organization.

I have asked for written clarification on the matter, as I truly believe that good education is good education.

NACHI’s policy wherein we accept courses approved by another org is sound. We would be hard-pressed to argue the merits of other approved courses, whether said approvals were granted through another org or a state.

There s more to the story I am revealing, and when I have an answer, I will post it.

Where association pride and rhetoric affects any member’s ability to take qualifying education and have it count for CEUs in their respective associations, who is getting hurt?

With regard to Mr.s Bates and MacDonald, we have asked for some clarification of previous actions, and proof of the approvals they claim.

http://www.mass.gov/Eoca/docs/dpl/boards/hi/ceunoticeltr.pdf

Are they referring you to this state site for proof or verification? Looks like they (ASHI chapters) are approved as Massachusetts Continuing Education Providers.

Perhaps iNACHI should look into getting the area chapters approved as MA CE providers.

Politics aside all of a sudden the world has gotten smaller and the cost of education is pretty much the same, I don’t think it is wise to create division where none should exist.

I have attended many educational venues where there were members from multiple associations all sharing in the knowledge presented without regard to affiliation . Let’s see if we can keep the association wars out of the classrooms and limit it to the message boards where it belongs, as it should be.

InterNACHI generally accepts all CE offerings provided that they are inspection related. Who are we to tell a member what courses he needs or should want? I only recall two CE offerings the were ever denied CE approval. One was Polley Real Estate Institute because we caught them conspiring with PHIC to harm us. We have not added them to the www.nachi.org/pascum.htm lawsuit yet because we hope to gather more evidence against them regarding this conspiracy when we get to the discovery stage of the suit… and… this one in NH, which really has only been denied approval until those offering it can answer some questions, questions within our rights to ask. Good work Frank.

Joe was has occurred in the past (that I am aware of) is that ASHI will approve NACHI obtained credits if the Individual Inspector forwards them along as a part of his Membership renewal.

The Fee comes into play if you want to Advertise the event (ceu’s) as ASHI approved. FWIW

Joe,

I hope you are correct. I have asked ASHI for clarification. From the e-mail I received today, it seems as if this long-standing policy may no longer be in effect.

ASHI is no longer the home inspection association of choice, as we all know.

With that being said, the difficulties faced by those of us in this industry in the past year has taken its toll. While the number of inspectors is increasing, due to the schools in licensed states still cranking our graduates in record numbers, there are many inspectors from a year ago in other jobs, today.

ASHI is struggling to stay relevant at the same time it struggles to stay afloat. They have the unenviable job of making it appear that they are “number one” with their dwindling membership hardly able to sustain itself.

National lobbyists have been fired. ASHI chapters in some states that are pushing licensing bills are unable to garner enough money to pay their lobbyists…and in one state, racked up a considerable debt and had their lobbyist quit, since his fees were not being paid.

It is no wonder that a CEU request must be accompanied with cash…and why membership is now immediate…upon the clearance of the check paying the dues.

Perhaps it is time to step on the feeding tube that keeps that “society” of elitist minded phonies still going.

We should do nothing to help ASHI and should do everything to hasten its demise at every opportunity, no matter how small.

this is a correct statement, the individuals from the other organization are in fact looking for more credibility they invented a local state HI organization during the NH senate debates, would NOT cooperate with Frank during the entire process and are now sending us e mails on courses with 7 NACHI Ce credits chagrining ASHI members 0 & NACHI $175.00 I believe I dont think NH members will go

That is encouraging.

Keep your money out of ASHI coffers. It is a cruel act, indeed, to allow them to stay alive and suffer any more than is necessary.

I for one took this invitation as a slap in the face. They (ASHI) do not believe we have any connections here in NH. Well my state Senator actually read the email sent to him by one of the principles we are now talking about.

I must say they did not have anything good to say about us in general. When I see these people at the state house meetings they appear friendly enough and invited me to seminars they will be holding but in turn I listened
to the insulting lies they are spreading to garnish support for their bill.

This only proves what we have known all along, they never have nor never can be trusted, their words are meaningless.

and to go further we certainly do not need any educational help from ASHI,
the internal structure of our chapter produces great instruction from within our own ranks, Pete Russell, Don Belmont, Frank Carrio just to mention a few. as well as guest speakers who are way beyond anything that ASHI could provide.

Guys,

Their course is not NACHI approved for CEUs.

Regardless of discussions going on behind the scenes between ASHI and NACHI, the course in question remains in an unappproved status.

Individual inspectors must do what’s right for themselves and their families.

Nick,
**On behalf of our State Chapter and all of our members, I want to thank you for your support in this matter. **

**It is GREATLY appreciated! **

**This “Group” has been relentless in trying to slander and discredit NACHI as a Bona Fide association and has sent disparaging E-mails & letters to our members of the House of Representatives as well as to our Senators. **

• Here are some of the issues that we as NACHI members have with ASHI[FONT=Verdana][size=2] {Bates & Mac Donald} in New Hampshire.[/size]
    [/FONT]ASHI NNEC {Northern New England} is a small and dying chapter.
    **The past & current “principals” are Joseph Bates & Robert Mac Donald **

{I just went “on line” and I see that as of today they have “6-members” listed in New Hampshire! }**

From 2005 up until Jan. 2008 Joseph Bates & Robert Mac Donald the President & Vice President of ASHI NNEC {Northern New England Chapter} have sent derogatory E-mails and letters to members of both the House & Senate as well as gone before both the House & the Senate and “testified” that;

1. NACHI is made up of wannabe “Part Time” inspectors.

2. That the NACHI on line test is nothing more than a simple “Quiz

**3. That the NACHI quiz is ripe and open for fraud because; **

{3-A.} That the “Quiz” is an unsupervised open book quiz.

{3-B.} That the majority of wannabe inspectors who take this “quiz” cheat.

{3-C.} That a “blind person” can have someone take the quiz for them and they are “automatically certified.

{3-D.} That an 11-year old child has taken this simple unsupervised “on Line Quiz” and passed with flying colors!

This November after a “House Session” with the hallway jammed packed with our legislators there were about 8-ASHI inspectors gathered in a group.

**> In a LOUD voice one of the group of these idiots declared that NACHI had 2-DOGS that were “Certified” members because their owners had taken the NACHI quiz in the dogs names!

Now after slandering us and trying to discredit us … ASHI is trying to DICTATE what NACHI will accept as a legitimate CEU!

**They slander NACHI and now they want NACHI members to help keep them existence! **

In spite of their past history I asked for the basics;
1. a course curriculum.

2. A bio on the instructor.

Guess what? In their arrogance they have refused! I suppose that in their mind a bunch of NACHI wannabe part timers have no voice in NACHI matters.

**ASHI RULES !!! **

**Yeah right!:roll: **

ROTFLMAO!

**I am laughing so hard that I just squirted Pepsi all over my desk!](*,) **

Ken,
**Thanks for the good laugh! I needed it to cheer me up!:stuck_out_tongue: **

PS:
I did not think that this even deserved a response but I was laughing so hard I could not resist! \:D/

Why would I want to attend any ASHI event when my own chapter (and InterNACHI) presents me with tremendous CE at affordable costs?

Our chapter meetings are one of the best deals in CE going. Plus the good company I always find the 4 hour drive worth the time and effort.

I was not impressed with this offering from McDonald et al. Nor with the cost either. In their dreams they would love NACHI-NH inspectors to help them keep going. But the kindest thing we can do is allow them to expire and seek other careers.

Well said by a wise man!!!

Frank,
I hope you are looking into some kind of legal action against these ASHI members. If there is anything we can do, just let us know.

Thank you for your support!

**It is GREATLY appreciated! **

Send them an E-Mail and tell them how you feel about their scumbag tactics!

HERE IS MY RESPONSE TO THE LATEST E-MAIL FROM ASHI THAT IMPLIES LEGAL ACTION MIGHT BE TAKEN AGAINST US FOR DENYING THE COURSE THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO RAM DOWN OUR THROATS! :roll:

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:01 PM
To: FCarrio@Comcast.net; jjf10965@yahoo.com
Subject: Follow-up to InterNACHI CEU controversy

To: Mr. Farsetta & Mr. Carrio
Cc: New England Home Inspectors

I have received both your emails (shown below), and I just want to get this straight.

You are going to deny your own members CEU’s for a legitimate seminar, because you don’t like something that I, or my business partner may or may not have said at a legislative hearing???

Your website clearly states:
**Qualifying Continuing Education **

InterNACHI’s qualifying subject matter is quite broad. Anything reasonably deemed to be inspection-related ***can ***be considered qualifying including CEU’s earned for other inspection associations, construction seminars, and code enforcement training. Courses, classes, and seminars all qualify. Example: A mold seminar that lasts 2 hours qualifies as 2 hours of continuing education.

InterNACHI Chapter meetings qualify for 1 hour of continuing education (even though they last longer).

If you are an education provider or school ***and seek free approval from InterNACHI, ***visit: http://www.nachi.org/educationseal.htm

There are no forms to complete, no instructions on what to do to get a seminar approved, just the policy listed above.

You now want to change this national policy JUST FOR US, unless we give a public apology for alleged statements against InterNACHI.

I’m no lawyer, but that sounds like discrimination to me.

If you want to change your national policy for everyone, we will certainly abide by this new policy, but before paying any fees, I will have to check with the NH Attorney General’s Office and ASHI National to see if one group can be singled out in this manner.

To any InterNACHI home inspectors who are planning on attending Thursday’s seminar
Although your national website clearly approves this seminar, I cannot guarantee that InterNACHI will honor any certificate provided. What InterNACHI does to its own members is out of our control, but you are always welcome to attend our seminars.

Sincerely,
Bob MacDonald
NNEC-ASHI President

RESPONSE TO BOB MAC DONALD PRESIDENT OF ASHI NNEC;
Quote:
deny your own members CEU’s for a legitimate seminar

**End Quote: **
To:
**Bob MacDonald **
**President of ASHI NNEC
Who said that your seminar is legitimate?

As the President of the New Hampshire state chapter of NACHI I have the right and authority to ask for;

1. A core curriculum and you have not provided it.

2. A bio on the instructor or instructors and you have not provided it.

**Qualifying Continuing Education **
InterNACHI’s qualifying subject matter is quite broad. Anything reasonably deemed to be inspection-related ***can ***be considered qualifying including CEU’s earned for other inspection associations, construction seminars, and code enforcement training. Courses, classes, and seminars all qualify. Example: A mold seminar that lasts 2 hours qualifies as 2 hours of continuing education.
Read this sentence again…. “Can” infers that it might or might not be accepted.

InterNACHI Chapter meetings qualify for 1 hour of continuing education (even though they last longer). If you are an education provider or school and seek free approval from InterNACHI, visit: http://www.nachi.org/educationseal.htm](http://www.nachi.org/educationseal.htm)

**You claim to be an education provider……. AS A SELF PROCLAIMED “*ASHI *EDUCATIONAL PROVIDER” no have NEVER sought approval for this course from either our State Chapter which you are constantly slandering. **

• You have NEVER sought approval from Mr. Joe Farsetta who is the Director of Professional Development for NACHI.

• Until you seek and are either denied or granted approval for this course and ALL other courses we consider this matter closed.
    Earlier this month {Jan. 08} your group sent an extremely disparaging E-Mail to our State Senators. You forgot that we are frineds with more than one New Hampshire Senator.
    This was just one of many written and verbal insults against NACHI.

• **Until you publicly apologize for your numerous slanderous comments about NACHI as an association, our NACHI State Chapter, and individual members we see no reason to have any “Professional” interaction with you and your cohorts.

• You cannot slander us out of one side of your mouth and then beg us for money out of the other.

• Just because you put ear-rings and lipstick on it a pig is still a pig!
    Signed, Frank Carrio CMI.
    **Certified Master Inspector **
    **Certified Commercial Building Inspector **
    Founder & President, The New Hampshire State Chapter of;
    **The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors. **

PS:
**ASHI Northern New England Chapter {NNEC} is trying to force THEIR seminar down our throats!:twisted: **

They DEMAND that we accept it WITHOUT REVIEW and give them 7-hours of NACHI CEU’s for it.

I encourage you to send Mr. Mac Donald an E-Mail and tell him what you as a NACHI member think about his tactics.

**Sleazy … Not Sleazy… YOU decide! **

Office [office@omnispect.net]

[quote=
Dennis R. Goudreau
Re: Nick - Clarification Please and to go further we certainly do not need any educational help from ASHI,

***the internal structure of our chapter produces great instruction from within our own ranks, Pete Russell, Don Belmont, Frank Carrio just to mention a few. As well as guest speakers who are way beyond anything that ASHI could provide. ***
End Quote:

**Quote: dbelmont]
Why would I want to attend any ASHI event when my own chapter (and InterNACHI) presents me with tremendous CE at affordable costs?

Our chapter meetings are one of the best deals in CE going. Plus the good company I always find the 4 hour drive worth the time and effort.

I was not impressed with this offering from McDonald et al. Nor with the cost either. In their dreams they would love NACHI-NH inspectors ***to help them keep going. ***
But the kindest thing we can do is allow them to expire and seek other careers.
[/quote]

Don & Dennis,
You have hit the crux of the matter.
**In 2007 we had approximately 98-hours of CEU’savailable and offered to our chapter. **

We had Nick and other highly qualified speakers come from out of state and we had NACHI courses {in other states} offered to us on a regular basis.

I am excited about 2008!

We have no desire to support and or sustain a small and dying ASHI chapter that is CONSTANTLY slandering NACHI as an association, and CONSTANTLY slandering our State Chapter and our members.

**We requested some simple information on this course and it has not been provided. **

I have denied this course, Joe Farsetta has denied this course, Nick Gromicko has denied this course!

How much clearer do we have to make it for these dim wits to understand?

**Their own “members” are voting with their feet! **

**They are losing “members” on a regular basis. Why should we help support a dying ASHI chapter? **