Nick says Rob Z should be KILLED

Originally Posted By: rwand
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Please refrain from mistating the facts. I have always condemned threats and for you to suggest I didn’t condemn this is wrong! Nor did you have any right to suggest I was condoning Roy’s statements. Quite frankly I did not interpret Roys comments as defending anyone, rather he explained that it was everyones fault, and what his opinion of the matter is. So don’t drag me into your seething unrestrained commentaries!

For your edification and delectation:

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=12205

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

R.Z. engaged in a conversation with a staff hourly employee by email which evolved more than it should have. In an effort to get her fired, he violated her trust, took her private comments and posted them, creating a malicious thread with them in the members-only section where he knew her manager, her employer, and every other member could read them. When she realized that he was posting her private comments for all the world to see, she freaked out and tried tried to stop him by deleting his files. Unfortunately her private comments remained public until we could get both permission from NACHI’s executive members and technical ability to remove them.

As you all know, I am the message board's strongest advocate for freedom of speech here and even the biggest NACHI bashers all admit that I fight to keep the message board free and open (provided no crimes are being committed)

NACHI staff fields nearly 500,000 emails a year. Only this morning, two members of NACHI who are also direct competitors in a small town, dragged NACHI staff into their email arguments. We as an association believe that it is in the best interest of all members if staff is free to communicate with members frankly in situations like this and others. If any member took the unethical and likely illegal step of intercepting and posting these private exchanges, this frankness would likely come to an end, and we as an association would be poorer for it. Well, believe it or not, some jackass did just that.

This was a first for NACHI. Unfortunately, I have never had or sought admin function access to this message board (I'm an ideologue when it comes to free speech), so I couldn't delete this violation in time.

Anyway, this poor gal works hard for NACHI members every day. Her job is not easy and she works long hours. I believe any member who publicizes the private conversations of one of our hourly staff employees should be killed, or at least tarred and feathered. I understand this same jackass has now even gone as far as posting portions of their private conversation in open-to-all sections of the message board.

By the way, his attempt failed and she did not get fired. Fortunately for her I look on the bright side of things. Yesterday we had a young, dumb, loose-lipped employee... today we have a young, smart, discreet one (same gal) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: mzwerin

eusa_doh.gif

Nice prose from someone who lives in a glass house and throws stones.

No email is private or confidential. That excuse does not wash. If you post it or email it it is public domain, the courts use private emails all the time, there is no privilege or privacy protection. In other words don't put into writing that which you know is not secure, and is known to be against the law. (i.e. threats)

Anybody doing so is nothing more than dickless piss-ant with far too much time on their hands. What'cha gonna do? Every pond needs its scum, right?

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: rzimmerman

Deleted by Rob

Rob Z.

www.RZinspections.com

Originally Posted By: pdacey

dhadler wrote:
FYI Patrick; There is a lot of good inspectors up here north of the border that don't approve of this "Day's of Our Lives Soap Opra Crap"...please don't make the assumption that we are all part of this.

Don't like any of it...Ours or Yours ![icon_exclaim.gif](upload://kW92MliyHA8ygoXI0UsgtBSn4ZO.gif)

Darrell,

I apologize if you took offense to my comment. Yes I do realize there are many good inspectors to our north. My comment was aimed at the handful that feel this MB is their playground and they come here everyday and start throwing rocks at each other regardless of the topic of the thread.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

I originally wrote above

Quote:

No email is private or confidential. That excuse does not wash. If you post it or email it it is public domain, the courts use private emails all the time, there is no privilege or privacy protection. In other words don't put into writing that which you know is not secure, and is known to be against the law. (i.e. threats)

Anybody doing so is nothing more than dickless piss-ant with far too much time on their hands. What'cha gonna do? Every pond needs its scum, right?

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

Mr. Bottoms do not take liberty with my posts. My reply which you took the liberty of adding the salutation "Nick" to is an abuse and you have forged and altered it. Now why don't you continue to tell everyone how Lilly White you are. Stooping so low to alter documents to read differently does not speak highly of your intelligence. This is not the first time you have altered statements to suit your delinquency.

Dave says in reply,
Quote:
rwand wrote:

Nick,

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

There's your official reply, Nick.

Dave

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: jsandin

At the risk of sounding really cliche - can’t we all just get along? icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey Nick and Rob

Your posts all be it one side only has been posted on the Canuck Forum by Mr. Bottoms.

Here is what Mr. Bottoms had to say. So much for privacy of posts and emails. Seems to be a contradiction.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

Quote:
Dave.Bottoms

45 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 : 12:16:21 Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote NACHI's Leader threatens to kill ex-member.

Rob Zimmerman wrote:

quote:As of this point Nick's comments stated in a members only area 'he shouldn't just be booted, he should be killed' is now being taken seriously by me and my family.

Nick Gromiko the owner of the National Association of Home Inspectors has threatened my life and the livelihood of my family. He has posted to over 5000 members he believes I should be killed. Nick has untold funds at his resources. He has shown to be easily excitable and quick to react.

My wife looking over my shoulder reading about Nick's comments is issuably shaken. Neither her nor I believe Nick was anything other than serious in his threat. Nick Gromiko has over stepped the line.

I will be contacting legal assistance as soon as possible. Any wishing to assist me in this please email be at rob@rzinspections.com or rzinspections@earthlink.net.

This is serious. Nick made a very public threat on my life. There was and is no justification for his threat.

Anyone able to copy the thread and email to me at one of the above accounts will not be mentioned.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=12212

Interesting. I guess that how they do things in the U.S.
Dave

Yes I guess that is how Mr. Bottoms presents both sides of the story. So much for his experience as a quasi Editor of the Canadian Home Inspector Magazine. I thought Editors had a duty to report the truth and the whole story and both sides of the issues. Talk about slanted posts!

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: tallen

Damn Rob, I thought they would have put you back on the members list by now. icon_confused.gif

Hey, whats the hold up?

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: Dave Bottoms

Originally Posted By: tallen

Dave and Ray

please click the link. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

http://www.constructex.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=38#38

Enjoy!!

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: pdacey

tallen wrote:
Dave and Ray

please click the link. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

http://www.constructex.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=38#38

Enjoy!!

![](upload://ckrnbHkO3pfm5Pnj8L7qrXTei2O.gif)![](upload://fdRSkxoHeC3uSZujFIkthbikZHY.gif)

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jstewart1

GOOD ONE Todd icon_lol.gif

Rob,

Have you heard anything about getting back in? I would think one of the higher ups would come to your aid. Its just not right!

Jerry Stewart

Joe F., Blaine or Nick,

Would one of you do the right thing and reinstate Rob? It serves no purpose for others to see what can happen if one gets Nick mad. He hasnt done anything that countless others have done and not had anything happen to them. Do the right thing. ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Jerry Stewart

Originally Posted By: aslimack

jstewart1 wrote:
Joe F., Blaine or Nick,

Would one of you do the right thing and reinstate Rob? Do the right thing. ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Jerry Stewart

I'm with Jerry, how bout showing some authority, if any really exists.

Adam, A Plus

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Deleted.

Originally Posted By: aslimack

You are a wise man, J.B. I see wisdom in your words…

Kidding aside though, i can see some of your points.

Adam, A Plus

John,

Get with the program. Rob didnt ask to be reinstated . I asked that you should do the right thing.

You seem to condone the fact that Nick called for Rob to be killed, and dont understand why someone would want to be a member of said org. HE HAS PAID HIS DUES. He is intitled to his membership and your failure to uphold his membership is only proof that we could all be in jeopardy if Nick gets a burr up his a$%.

You are in over your head here.

Jerry Stewart