Nick says Rob Z should be KILLED

Originally Posted By: aslimack
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

J.B,

Where'd the bee go? Don't tell me it swims with the fishes....

Adam, A Plus

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Robert,

I recall being the first to respond to your post. I was shocked and angered, as you obviously were, at the way the person you were communicating with was addressing your complaint. I emailed Nick to get him involved, immediately.

When I heard that you had been removed, I became even more upset. On the message board, twice, and a few emails as well, I insisted that you be reinstated. I was told that your record was erased and it would be necessary for you to reapply, accordingly. I felt that this was satisfactory, and I went out to smack a few bucket of golf balls to try to restore my blood pressure to a human level.

Now I am reading your thread. I am disappointed in the way you have chosen to handle this, frankly.

Everyone knows that no man who is genuinely fearful for the physical well being of himself and his family would address it with threats of lawsuits and internet polls. Confronting your potential attacker as you are detracts from any credibility that you will need to convince someone you are genuinely intimidated.

You have chosen to do this on the same day that Hooper and his Hooperettes are ramming their bill through the Florida senate. He poses a greater threat to your physical well being than words typed on a deleted thread.

Personally, I am still reflecting upon the events of yesterday to see what an appropriate long term position would be for me to take. However, I still have a business to run and a profession to work to enhance - as do you.

Before you do anymore damage to yourself with your anger, try smacking a few balls at the driving range. It really helps.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: eporter

I feel obligated to respond to this, Mr. Bushart.

You critisize RZ for the way he handled the situation, however this is IDENTICAL to how Nick has handled many situations.

Nick insulted the entire membership of NACHI by calling them jackasses. He eliminates someone from the membership from asking a legitimate question, after suggesting they should be killed. Nick threatens to sue the woman who also has a legitimate question, and yet all is well with that.

Blaine Wiley and Joe Farsetta are okay with this. The truth is, NO ONE should be okay with this.

--
------------------------------------------------
"Inspecting this home like I'm buying it myself."

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: rcooke

A good start might be to go back and remove a lot of the posts . Adding fuel to the fire does not allow it to cool down .

My thoughts Roy Cooke sr.

Originally Posted By: aslimack

jbushart wrote:
Robert,

"try smacking a few balls" It really helps.

I think i'd rather be killed...........

Adam, A Plus

Ed,

No where in my post did I say or imply that I am "okay with this". I am not.

My choices are to (1) add fuel to the fire as you and others seem to want to do, or (2) keep my emotions in check, tend to my business, and reflect until I am certain that I know a proper course to take. I choose the latter.

There are many important issues that we need to deal with and these kind of distractions do not enhance the profession, better NACHI, or improve my business.

Get a grab on your emotions, Ed. Control them instead of vice versa.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: ekartal

eporter wrote:
The truth is, NO ONE should be okay with this.

Maybe no one cares..

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: eporter

Jim,

Thanks for the cordial response, I apprecaite that.

Last night, like most, my emotions were in control. Today, after taking a day away from the computer, my common sense is back. But, I am mortified by how Nick responded to the entire situation. Not only with RZ, but with the membership at large.

I am also mortified with the way the NACHI leadership has responded to Nicks comments and actions.

--
------------------------------------------------

Ed Porter
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

jbushart wrote:

Before you do anymore damage to yourself with your anger, try smacking a few balls at the driving range. It really helps.

Yes it does Robert, now if you could only get Nick to meet you at the driving range! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

eporter wrote:
But, I am mortified by how Nick responded to the entire situation. Not only with RZ, but with the membership at large.

Many of us are, Ed. By his silence, today, I feel that Nick is equally as disturbed.

eporter wrote:

I am also mortified with the way the NACHI leadership has responded to Nicks comments and actions.

This is an area in which you may wish to wait until this entire thing has played itself out. I am not convinced that you are reading this right. I see a few posts that reflect disappointment with Rob's actions, but I don't see anyone supporting Nick's actions or comments, NACHI leadership or otherwise.

We should probably all just get some sleep, tonight, and reflect upon these events and how to go from here in a positive way, IMHO.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rwand

In my opinion Robert should be given his membership. He is a member in good standing. Regardless of his actions he felt personally threatened. He acted and did what he thought best. He has been subjected to arbitrary decisions without due process. The best way to proceed would be for Rob to file a complaint to the Ethics Committee for them to investigate and review and provide a ruling that is free of bias, influence and is objective.

So far I have not seen any one in the hierarchy suggest this. It is even more amazing that some seem to think any type of threat is permissable. Shame on those of you who likely would do the same thing which Robert did under the circumstances.

As to Nicks actions or lack of actions that should be part of the investigation by the Ethics Committee for their objective review. I am not trying to fault anyone, that is not for any of us to decide solely.

As to the other members who have taken Roberts posts and reposted them to suit their misguided agenda, shame on you too. There are many who know the motives for doing so are less than honest. You have taken the privilege of posting here as a non member, insulted Nick for your own reasons and then continue to abuse the hospitality shown.

Leadership seems to be in short supply. Which person will show leadership and be the first to offer the Olive branch?

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Originally Posted By: jstewart1

RWAND,

Well said,

Jerry Stewart

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

I read on another board that Rob Z. was very educated at thermal imaging. He called me today about 15minutes after I sent him an email. We talked for about an hour, he was very helpful with the questions I had, and was quite friendly. He helped me more in one hour than nachi has in several years. I appreciate his help, and wanted to thank him for his help. I dont agree with everything that is being said and done at nachi! (wanted to throw that in)

Quote:
Dave.Bottoms

46 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 : 19:00:12 Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if it's okay for users of this OAHI Members' private forum to copy and paste private forum posts to our direct competition, that being the NACHI org? I only ask because it's happened once again. If we don't have rules against such abuse, it might be time to add them.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Dave

I couldn't seem to log onto the OAHI site tonight but someone has sent me this. Here we have a person who tries to explain one side of a story for ulterior motives, takes a post from a forum which he is not a member and posts it to his alma mater OAHI to discredit the entire membership of Nachi, then tries to plead his posting to his fellow members some of whom are members in OAHI/CAHP and NACHI as a right and that the rules should be exclusive in shutting out what is not guaranteed in the rules for the OAHI forum.

You guys sure must love Mr. Bottoms trying his darndest to try and portray himself as Gods gift to the inspection industry and more importantly as a pillar of truth.

Mr. Bottoms is no friend to anyone.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

From what I have been told and this email that I was sent, Nick has still to answer a simple question posed by Ed Porter:

Quote:
WHY WAS THE ENTIRE THREAD DELETED WHERE YOU CALLED YOUR MEMBERSHIP JACKASSES, AND IMPLIED THAT A "FORMER" MEMBER BE KILLED?

WHY?

It is a simple question. No spin needed. Just answer the fricken question.

Ed Porter
Grand Haven, MI

Unique ID: 4D52-36-98A40B

Originally Posted By: jquinn

tallen wrote:
Dave and Ray

please click the link. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

http://www.constructex.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=38#38

Enjoy!!

I have a better idea. I was reading in the paper yesterday how the recruitment numbers for the American Army and reserve are down substantially. Therefore I am volunteering Ray and Dave for duty. Imagine, if Bush sends them to Iraq, after listening to these guys for ten minutes, everybody will lay down their guns and go home. Just make sure to pull up the ramp before these two get back on the boat to come home.

James Quinn RHI

James

Only if I can keep my soap on a rope!

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: Dave Bottoms

Mr. Bottoms

Gee whats the problem? You seem to be all over the map. One minute you are trying to be civil the next you are going off the deep end. Sounds like a hissy fit or you suffer from extreme mood swings.

Pop a Valium!

Raymond Wand R.H.I.
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Mr. Zimmerman

I noticed you have deleted your posts. However I think it would behoove you to ask Mr. Bottoms to remove your post from the OAHI Cafe as it still remains there. Fwiw.

Regards,
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member