No gutters . . . a defect?

I do the same here in NE Ohio Kevin.

1 Like

Is this the “silly follow up comments” portion of the thread?

2 Likes

Well said, @rbleich.

1 Like

It’s reasonable to point out there may be some information just waiting for new members to search for it, but I also don’t understand the hate for new members asking common questions.

In fact, I seem to remember you posting something along the lines of “if you don’t like it, then don’t click on the thread!” in other situations. Seems similar.

Edit: to answer the question, like other said, only if there’s a benefit to having it. You’d end up recommending a lot of gutter installs if you just call it out every time.

Where’s the hate?
The only hate I see are from those that choose to EDIT my entire post to fit their own agenda!

1 Like

I’m exaggerating, I’m fairly sure you’re just messing around, but “did you bother” might sound to other people like you are unpleased with the question.

One of the problems with message boards, texts and other forms of written correspondence is that You cant see the look on the face of the person responding…If You don’t know the person responding it can make it even harder, However, if You look to find offense in every reply, You will certainly find plenty…Relax, simma down, take a breath and if You need to, have Your Mom hold Your hand before reading responses…

5 Likes

This whole subject is BS.

Inspectors are too lazy, too much of the time.

Try this; Go to Google and type the op’s question “No gutters … a defect?” and see what you get. Half of the results are NACHI replies on the subject, as well as information from people in the field and other HI Trainers.

Can’t believe you don’t know the power of this, Ben.
I used this back in the day, for years to get #1 hits on search engines w/o all that crap everyone tries to use to get on top of the search engines. I’ll teach anyone if you call me. I’m not going to make one of those long-winded replies that are considered worthless…

2 Likes

Hell, try to start a new topic and look what happens…NACHI searches the related posts for you…I think Ben was just striking out at JJ and was not thinking it thru.

Well hell, there is no excuse to be lazy, is there! I have not started a new post in years. Good add.

1 Like

I haven’t run into this here in NJ, but your Report comment is perfect in my opinion.