North Carolina legislation whores.

How?

Nick,
This link is not working

Works for me.

http://www.guardresinc.com/files/eletter/enewsletter70909.htm

The home inspection industry will be gone in every state anyway. With the shoddy SOP’s being written in every state, and the poor testing that is required, insurance companies will not issue insurance if you do not go by their rules. You have to submit copies of all of your forms that you use, and if they are not up to their liking, no insurance; then no license. Good luck to all. You wanted it, you did not holler, now you have to face it. Most inspectors, as myself, are fed up with special interest groups who want to control everything. I am going to buy that two acres and a trailer and say heck to them all.

Kansas has no building codes, no licensed contractors…but licensed building inspectors.

That is why it was so easy for the Gale farm home to be lifted from its foundation (no anchor bolts to hold the sill plate) and transported to Oz where it landed on a broker’s sister, killing not only her but an apparent deal she had made with the local little people.

Dorothy Gale, with the help of her dog, was able to form an association to assist her in her fight against the broker…but of the three, one lacked a brain and another courage. Fortunately, it was the one with no heart who took charge and killed the broker with a pale of fresh water and then restored Dorothy to her original condition and returned her safely to her Aunt and Uncle’s farm.

The moral of the story…

Licensing solves nothing.

LOL. Great analogy, James.

New Hamshire, North Carolina, Florida, Texas, Kansas, and many other states all have problems because they have implemented home inspection licensing. Attorneys are loving it. They do not care about home buyers. Only the filling of their pockets. Lamakers are implementing these laws only for the benefit of their campaign funds. Special interest groups are pushing for these laws only for the gain of sales from homes, to software, to educational classes. Inspectors are the ones who have to put up with it all, and are just sheep standing on the side of the hill, not willing to move.