Originally Posted By: bmerrell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Just an Update. NY State, Dept. of State is aware of schools suggesting their courses may meet guidelines, and have strict regs for schools already in the system with the Dept. of State. Even though there are no schools permitted to state Licensing Approved Yet, they have finalized their draft and will begin the process shortly.
As an organization, would it make sense for us to back the recommendation of a postponement of 9 months which has been posted on multiple message boards.
Perhaps as an Association we may be able to effect a postponement of 9 months to allow a smooth transition. Complaints will not benefit the members but a postponement will.
Joe F. has the bill and the Long Island 9-1 meeting gave everyone the bill. It is a long shot, but does it make sense to approach the state as an Association requesting a postponement? ...which would help, not hurt our members. The law goes into effect in 52 working days and there is no application available for the Home Inspector and no application for a school who wishes to offer a Licensing Course, and no application for a teacher who wishes to teach the course.
Just an opinion, but I have received over 40 e-mails asking it the postponement was going to be reality. Not unless we can as a group request it on behalf of the hundreds of members who will be directly effected.
The Governors Office on Regulatory Reform had made this suggestion and I am forwarding it as a recommendation for your input.