NYS Code of Ethics/Standards Seminar 12-18

NYS Code of Ethics/Standards Seminar 12-18-10 7 Hours Credit
NYS InterNACHI Members $ 120.00
Merrell Institute, 1461-16 Lakeland Avenue, Bohemia, NY 11716
8am to 3:45pm
New York State, Dept. of State Approved for Home Inspection Continuing Education Credit
All home Inspectors are required to complete 24 hours prior to renewing their NYS License, as per NYS Regulations

http://www.merrellinstitute.com/homeinspectce.htm

NYS APPROVED-NYS New SOP & COE !
NYS Standard of Practice & Code of Ethics Seminar **** 7 HOURS
150- If you sign up within the next 10 days the fee is only 120.00
December 18TH, 2010 8:00am tp 3:30 PM 7 HOURS CREDIT- NYS
CONTINUING EDUCATION APPROVED FOR HOME INSPECTORS
NEW CLASS- GREAT FOR NYS RESPONSIBLE HOME
INSPECTORS www.NYSHomeInspectorStandards.com](http://www.nyshomeinspectorstandards.com/)
to read the New Standards in NYS- It’s Here !

Questions, Call AEN School/Merrell Institute at 631-563-7720
We can send you a Free Brochure, or you can even register over the phone in advance. 20 seats remaining.

I am pleased to announce that the NYS Code of Ethics and Standard of Practice for Home Inspectors course went off without a hitch.

With over 20 people in attendance, and other educators from CW Post and New York Institute of Technology, we has lively discussion, we updated all the attendees as to the laws of NY State and what the state expects for those perfroming Home Inspections in NY State.

We will be offering another class in January, 2011, and we are proud to be the only school to date certified by NYS to offer this class for NYS Continuing Education Credit- We believed the course, 7 hours in length was sufficient time to discuss the COE, SOP and NYS Licensing Law guidelines and the Pre-Inspection Agreement for the NYS Compliant Home Inspector.

A Must for fellow NACHI/InterNACHI Members. The class was discounted for NACHI Members as well.

All the best.

Bill Merrell 631-563-7720

I actually spoke at length with Whitney Clark, attorney for the DOS, with regard to one particular provision of the SOP which she admits would cause confusion. I have her written response, which is critical.

Hi Joe:

Happy Holidays.

The course went well, as well as lively discussion regarding several sectons which may change the way Inspections are performed.

I would recommend you speak with the NY City office for Investigation, since they are the ones that handle compaints, if the SOP/COE is not followed. The Board and the Attorney for the Board (as I understand it) set up and create the framework, but are not involved in the violations sections, nor the penalty phase. That would be the Investigation Unit (In NY City), and how they now interpret the New COE and SOP for Home Inspectors. I have been told that they will be looking at violations as of 1-1-2011, for COE/SOP issues.

All the best, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.

Bill Merrell 631-563-7720