Oklahoma Chapter

Originally Posted By: shuggins
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hey Guys,

Would any of the guys from Oklahoma like to start a chapter? Please contact me. Maybe having a chapter here people will take NACHI serious. I'm still waiting on Nick to e-mail back on some other things I'm trying to do here.

--
Spencer Huggins
H & H Inspection Services, LLC
Piedmont, Oklahoma
spencer@hhinspections.com
http//www.hhinspections.com

Oklahoma NACHI Chapter Vice President
shuggins@ok.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Count me in.

Nick

Originally Posted By: tbramlett

Spenser, I might be interested, depending on where meetings are held. I live in NW Arkansas. Tom

Originally Posted By: dlabrake

Hi Spencer

There are only a few NACHI members in the Tulsa OK area and we have been kind of including ourselves in the MOKAN chapter (Missouri-Kansas), headed by Dave Bush in Joplin.

I am the current (outgoing) president of the ORCIA Eastern Chapter (Oklahoma Residential & Commercial Inspector Assocation). There is also a Central chapter in OKC.

NACHI may be a big help to the inspectors in this state as ASHI does not have a foothold (I believe there are only 5-7 ASHI members in the state).

As outgoing president of ORCIA Eastern Chapter, I am tired but may be available to assist.

Call me if you want to discuss.
Dan LaBrake
HouseMaster Inspection Services
918-455-4406

Thanks guys,

Mr. Bush was nice enough to invite me to their meetings in Joplin, but we really need to do something here. Dan how many members are in the two chapters of ORCIA? Hey Nick did you look at my e-mail on the trailer?

--
Spencer Huggins
Piedmont, Oklahoma

shuggins@ok.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: dlabrake

Spencer

There are about 50-60 members (candidates and members), approx 28 in the Eastern Chapter and I think about 25-30 in the Central Chapter.

More importantly, OK has put state licensing in place for Home Inspectors as of July 1, 2003 and there are currently 270+ home inspectors licensed in the state. Many of these were grandfathered and may not be active but they have all paid the licensing fee to get a number.

Thanks for your input Dan.

Spencer Huggins

Piedmont, Oklahoma

shuggins@ok.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Spencer:

If you have this meeting, we'll get inspectors to come. We are always able to fill a good sized room. I didn't read your email yet as I haven't got to it. I'm about 600 emails behind tonight. I really want to come to OK and hope that Dave Bush can come so we can meet again.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Dan:

Thank you for any help you can lend in the Oklahoma area. I know that you are busy but any assistance is greatly appreciated.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Thanks Guys,

I will be getting contact with you guys in the next few days, I have had a few members e-mail me and express interest. The people I need to talk with is Dave, Dan, (the prez) Joe H and of course big Nick. If you don't mind, I will e-mail directly.
Thanks

--
Spencer Huggins
Piedmont, Oklahoma

shuggins@ok.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: Frances Peterson

We are OKC residents, my husband is considering NACHI membership. He would love to see NACHI come here. Let us know if we can help. Also, the OK State Health Dept’s Web Site has some info on getting educational curriculumn approved. I would be glad to research this, let me know.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Spencer,

If you have a meetng I will comeout with Nick and help anyway I can.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: ktrice

At this time I’m in the process of setting up the meeting to be held in the Tulsa area. Spencer and I have met and we will be forming a chapter in Oklahoma. We would like to include all members of Orcia and other organizations to come and visit with us. I welcome any comments and help from anybody. I will keep everybody posted on the time place and other details very soon.

Thanks
Ken Trice
www.tricehomeinspections.com

The newly formed Oklahoma chapter has set a date for the first meeting it will be held April the 17th in Tulsa Oklahoma. I have notified Nick of this information and await his approval and we will be ready to go. Once I have more information I will get it posted.

Thanks

Ken Trice
www.tricehomeinspections.com ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Originally Posted By: rhollingshead

Ken,

Thanx for the hardwork. Count me in at the April meeting and PLEASE let me know if I can help out. You might also let the HI instructors know about the meeting. I spoke at Jeff's class last tuesday and he's very supportive of NACHI, as are several others.

Regards,
Ron

--
Don't tell me it can't be done...., Just Do It!

Ron thanks for the support and we look forward to seeing you at the meeting. I have one question I’m not sure who jeff is that you refered to.

Please let me know

Thanks
ken

Originally Posted By: rhollingshead

Ken,

Jeff Norris is one of the HI instructors at Tulsa Technology Center.

Regards,
Ron

--
Don't tell me it can't be done...., Just Do It!

Originally Posted By: dbowers

You might try and get Kerry Parham with Terra Inspections out of Wichita Kansas or Mark Adams with American Home Inspections out of Joplin Missouri to come. They’ve been doing HI’s for 20 years and are 2 of the most successful inspectors in their areas. They’ve both been instrumental in building good sized inspection organizations in their regions with another inspection group that they no longer support. They have more experience or background at that than anybody else in the upper half of Oklahoma or the southern part of Kansas or Missouri.

Dan thanks for the info on these guy’s I will try to contact them and see if maybe one of them can come to the next meeting that we have. Can you send me a phone number or address of how to get in touch with them?

Thanks
Ken Trice
www.tricehomeinspections.com ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

I always wanted to come out to OK, I think I may be able to swing that weeknd. I know Southwest goes cheap from BWI to Tulsa…

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895