Opening for a new inspector in Portland OR

Established inspection company looking for a new inspector. The ideal candidate will be newly licensed and ready to learn the process of the business. The work is part time to start and will eventually turn into a full time position once the inspector is acclimated to the business and shows a true understanding of the inspection process. A full time inspector can expect to earn $70k per year.

About the Candidate:
We are looking to add a licensed inspector to our growing business. The ideal candidate would be newly licensed in the state of Oregon, and will be open to training by the company’s founder. A positive attitude is a must. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with the company, and will continue our standing legacy of integrity, superior customer service, and attention to detail.

The work is part time to start and will eventually turn into a full time position once the inspector is acclimated to the business and shows a true understanding of the inspection process. A full time inspector can expect to earn $70k per year.

Job Requirements:
Thorough knowledge of residential home systems, code requirements, and components.
Aptitude and mental ability to problem-solve and conduct professional conversations with real estate agents and customers.
Consistent follow-through and attentive customer service.
Excellent communication skills.
Proficiency in basic smartphone and computer programs and interfaces.
Integrity and strong work ethic.
Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance.
Ability to pass all employment screening and technical knowledge exam, including background and driving checks.
Current trade licenses and professional certifications.

Duties and Responsibilities:
Arrive promptly at scheduled start time, clearly communicate in advance if delays are unavoidable.
Complete residential inspections using the Inspection Reporting Template provided.
Submit a detailed inspection report for clients / Realtors within 24 hrs of the inspection end time.
Perform radon set up / pick up, sewer scope, oil tank scans, and general inspection services.
Respond knowledgeably to client and Realtor questions in a timely manner.
Stay current on relevant developments, policies, procedures, as they relate to home building and code requirements.
Propose ideas for streamlining or improving the business.
Climb ladders and stairs, walk on roofs, enter crawlspaces, and maneuver into other spaces to assess structures.
Follow safety precautions to avoid injuries while on the job.

Responses: Please respond to this posting with a cover letter and a resume. All serious candidates will be responded to. You must either be licensed or in the process of getting licensed as a Certified Home Inspector with the State of Oregon. This posting will be removed when a hiring has been made.

1 Like

Are you currently in business? Your CCB number shows as suspended.

1 Like

I clicked on the website & went away… … …

Web Protection by Bitdefender

Phishing page blocked for your protection

Phishing pages attempt to obtain sensitive information such as login credentials or credit card details by disguising as trustworthy entities. The stolen data can be then used for financial gain.

Maybe some of my competition is going away :slight_smile:

In all seriousness, Oregon’s HI licensing folks (Construction Contractor’s Board - CCB) are VERY difficult to deal with and very often receive insurance/bond info and don’t process it. I learned years ago to NEVER trust what a person on the phone says when they tell you things look with your license. Until the website shows a new expiration date don’t stop checking and calling.

1 Like

Octopus Home Inspections License is Active. Matt is correct, the CCB made a mistake and didn’t process my bond in time. I had to arrange for a reinstatement rider to get active again.

1 Like