over 2000 inspections performed BUT that was 10 years ago

Hello. I have done over 2000 inspections (possible 3000, I haven’t counted) but that was from about 1999 to 2005. Would I have to start from scratch to become a CMI or would those inspections suffice? Thanks

No you do not because if you go to the website you will find that all you need to be is in the the business for 3 years and have a combined 1000 hrs of education and Inspections under your belt.
http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/become-a-cmi/
Do you have what it takes to become aCertified Master Inspector®? Every Certified Master Inspector® must:

1. have completed 1,000 fee-paid inspections and/or hours of education (combined);
  2. have been in the inspection business for at least three years;
  3. agree to abide by the inspection industry’s toughest Code of Ethics;
  4. agree to periodic criminal background checks; and
  5. submit the application and the one-time fee (no annual dues, ever).

You need not be a member of any particular trade association. The Certified Master Inspector® professional designation is open to all qualifying inspectors. Your application will be processed within 48 hours of receipt of your application and fee. If your application is approved, the Master Inspector Certification Board will issue you a certificate and list you as a Certified Master Inspector® on this website. You may then advertise yourself as a Certified Master Inspector® and Board-Certified. There are no annual dues. If you are not accepted, your money will be returned to you with an explanation. Frequently Asked Questions

I’d think James has the requirements.

I on the other hand have 5 years of doing 203K and other HUD inspections before joining Internachi, also I have over 200 education credits. My 203K inspections don’t count. My education does.

Go for it James.

Paul is correct. It matters not how long ago you performed the inspections.

Thanks for your responses. I will consider applying in the near future. :slight_smile:

I would strongly suggest you not wait as the cost is increasing.

Why would not your 203K & HUD inspections count? Were they not inspections for a fee or were you an employee of HUD at the time? The reason I am asking is because I have been a federal building inspector for Rural Development for the last 18 years and before that 13 years for FmHA and only started inspections for a fee in the last 8 months. So what you are implying none of that time would count toward CMI.
Thanks
Robin Shoberg
1st Look Inspection, LLC
Hettinger, ND