Hello I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is LeSean and I am here studying to become a CMI here in west michigan. So if anyone here is also from west Michigan Id like to make that connection.
You do understand to become a CMI that you are three years, 1,000 inspections, and $$$ away from being eligible, right? Also, CMI is NOT a part of this Association, so they have their own seperate entry requirement process and Membership dues.
First of all, welcome to the forum, LeSean.
I’m not from west Michigan, but wanted to clarify something.
From the CMI web page:
Every Certified Master Inspector® must:
- have completed 1,000 fee-paid inspections and/or hours of education (combined);
- have been in the inspection business for at least three years;
- agree to abide by the inspection industry’s toughest Code of Ethics;
- agree to periodic criminal background checks; and
- submit the application and the one-time fee (no annual dues, ever).
So, theoretically, one could become a CMI without ever having completed a paid inspection, so long as they have completed 1,000 hours of education. Not saying that would be a good idea, mind you.