I called out the PB water lines in a condo…here is the info I received and it shows that the plumbing lines that I called out ARE recalled, but a licensed plumber said they were OK and no need to repair…Here are the exact reports given. Should I just say refer to the licensed plumber? He is WRONG as far as I am concerned…just kinda wondering what others would do.
April 15, 2009
c/o Gulf Breeze Management Svc
8910 Terrene Ct. Suite 200
Bonita Springs, Fl. 34135
Ref: Greenbriar 1 Unit #205 in Bonita Bay via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
4140 Bayhead Road
Bonita Springs, Florida
Polybutylene Water Distribution System
Evaluation (April 15, 2009):
- Met Carol Wood with Premier Properties to visit unit in question.
- Building is a 3 story structure, built in or around 1989.
- Unit visited is on the second floor, unit #205
- Appears the main water risers for building are copper.
- Water stub-outs at vanity are copper.
- Visual inspection of water piping was accomplished through ceiling access in Laundry Closet.
- Water distribution system in this unit is Vanguard Polybutylene piping with copper insert fittings and copper rings.
- Piping appears to be sound and no leaks were seen.
- One issue noted is a ½” two hole plastic strap on the ½” piping is broken, located above hallway.
- Please find attached a four page letter from Vanguard (Polybutylene Fact Sheet), this is for your information.
- The section of existing Vanguard Polybutylene piping and copper fittings that could be inspected through ceiling access appears to be sound.
- Replace broken ½” two hole strap.
- All indications this building had Vanguard Polybutylene piping system used in all units.
- Would not replace existing Polybutylene system, if a leak does occur, deal with it on individual bases.
- There is a possibility of a leak on any water distribution system used in Plumbing Construction.
Any questions on my findings, please contact me.
Please notify our Service Department if you would like to set up a service call for the replacement of strap.
Steve A. French
Bear’s Plumbing of South Florida, Inc.
Lic #: CFC-048486
Carol Wood (Premier Properties) CarolW@premiermail.net
Dave Chapman (Bear’s Plumbing)
Attached is the fact sheet from VanguardPB Litigation Fact Sheet.pdf (25.4 KB)