Photo Course

Originally Posted By: rstephens
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Any new info on the online photo course coming to NACHI.ORG

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Russell

still a work in progress, I’m writing the course in conjunction with my college course, but it is much harder to write when you’re not up in front of the class alot of what I know I’ve never commited to paper, plus there is a huge amount of picture research to do, many members have donated images that I can use … but in a random order, they all have to be cataloged before we can use them… all 10,000 of them. To say it’s a bit of a challenge is the understatement of the year!!! I am currently writing “lots grounds & exteriors” and that may have a beta test version available before the year end, the course after that will be a “hazmats” course (lead, radon, asbestos, mold, fire hazards etc) which I hope would be out in Dec/Jan.

You have to realise that 1 hour of on-line course = I day of prep, research and writing, then Chris has to convert it to web formatting.

We will do this but bear with us icon_confused.gif

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: rstephens

Thanks Gerry I appreciate it. Has anyone ordered any of the photo/power point presentations off ebay it is the guy from Cleveland OH.

I was wondering if it is worth the money.

Originally Posted By: csoutherland

Gerry,

I have 33 years experience in teaching and writing courses for instruction. If I may be of any help to you in writing the online course, let me know. I have been an advisor on procedure for a home inspection course taught in Georgia.

Carl