Picture coming soon

Originally Posted By: mpettitt
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Stucco quality ]

Originally Posted By: hgordon

Does this help ya?

![](upload://gBGq8HvG3X0Ibhj3cT9vGCxiYwz.jpeg)

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: mpettitt

Harvey, when I do get down that way you won’t have to pay for drinks, they’ll be on me, thanks. The sprinklers are contacting the home in several locations. I pulled up the carpet on outside corners and found moisture stains and elevated moisture content on the carpet tack strips, which I first suspected as being from the sprinklers. But now (from what you’ve said) I also suspect inadequate stucco coverage which is why I put this up for opinions. Theres about three or four of those rust spots which I attributed to failed fasteners. I will recommend a stucco evaluation. BTW, whats the worst that can happen on a conc. blk. home when water penetrates the stucco? Loose stucco, rusting mesh etc. Also found serveral windows with lower moisture penetration on the drywall returns (minor). This home shows nice but has many problems from a 5 year old roof that has several issues, moisture problems behind ceramic tile in both baths, failed dual pane windows (lots) and many other small issues. Mike

Originally Posted By: hgordon

Quote:
BTW, whats the worst that can happen on a conc. blk. home when water penetrates the stucco? Loose stucco, rusting mesh etc.

Soft Wall - Mold - Settlement - ummm, bad stuff!

Take care!

And call what is there that should not be there and what is not there that should be there!

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org