Plumming

Naw!!!

Possible , but no more than if they didn’t have the disposal there.

Why?

Who purposely puts food down the drain when there’s** no** disposal?

You’re also not supposed to use a disposal when there is a septic tank, for the same reason, right?

Like I said, I’m not a plumber, I’m just usin’ ole fashioned horse sense. :wink:

You can have it that way .
What you can’t have is double trapped.
Like two traps on a double sink.

Can you back up that statement MR. Clark or is that just hear say

BTW I have ridden some pretty dumb horses they had no sense at all:p

Which statement, Mr Charlie?

The one about nobody purposely putting food down the drain, or about the old fashioned horse sense?

I think they are “linked” together!

I should have added “excluding idiots, who puts food down the drain”.

Just don’t tell my wife :mrgreen:

BTW, please call me Michael…Mr Clark is my dad! lol

Care to elaborate on that?
I understand what you are saying, but I question your understanding the rule… unless what you are stating in a local FL. thing.

From memory, the rule states (paraphrased)… “No two traps on a single horizontal run”.
Seems to me that could be an entirely different scenario from what you are stating.

Ok… gone for the day. Check back-in tonight. :wink:

Correct… this is WRONG!!!..

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachments/f22/46695d1311221808-plumbing-disposal-double-trap.jpg

**Acceptable (in my local area)… **(the trap set up, not the rest of the crap)…

http://www.knightplumbinginc.com/gallery/GeneralGallery/402086777430556531430611.jpg

Ok Mike The statement about no disposal on a septic system why would the bacteria in the tank not work on ground food by a disposal the human body does the same grinding process. with the except of celery stalks not recommended they don’t grind very well;-) this was a statement from a septic tank installer friend of mine

See post #10:

See post #32.

Thanks, Larry, that explains what I didn’t know!

I only “heard” you shouldn’t use a disposal on septic all my life, but wondered, like Mr Bottger, why not?

This explains it. Learning is good. Even at my age! :smiley:

Left connection nut is mis-threaded and leaking plus dishwasher hose should be tied up.

I don’t have a disposal on my septic tank either perhaps that should speak volumes???:wink: of something

Yes it does.

It says if the cow eats the cabbage, and the dogs eat the leftovers, you don’t need a friggin’ disposal!! :|.)

Amen !!

My biggest ***** today with the youth besides being so stoopid
is their grammar and spelling .

It’s absolute bollocks

Christ I know for a fact we were much smarter in our youth

Septic systems and their aerobic bacteria take the **** and turn it into grey water

The human digestive system and it’s bacteria take food and vegetables etc and make ****

It goes in that order…

Septic systems and their bacteria are not designed to break down food…

End of story …

Maybe I do need more education. I always understood that septic systems turn the s hit to** sludge**, not grey water.

I understood “grey water” was sinks, bathtubs, and washing machines. Anything that is waste that don’t have actual human waste.

Either way, I don’t think putting food in the septic system is a good idea.

I’ve done my fair share of septic inspections weekly
Here’s one I did just last nite …
Two system on this property in Hillsdale Mi on Bear Lake.

Bad news on the field, it has roots all through it.

whoops , yes you are correct, I’m doing 3 things at once as usual.meant to state Effluent water ,’

You are correcto Sir …

I need to stop performing septic inspections…Radon starting tomorrow and my life will be so much better .

BUMP!