PVC toilet drain pipe

There was a 2-inch PVC drain pipe attached to a main level toilet. This drain pipe was then attached to a 3-inch PVC pipe going to the sewer. The drain pipes were observed in the basement utility room. I have never seen a 2-inch PVC pipe draining a toilet. Is this an acceptable installation? The home was built in 1996.

That does not look like 2 inch in the pic beside they do not make a 2 inch closet flange so how was the commode connected to the drain line???

That was what I was confused about as well. The PVC pipe to the right in the picture was the drain for the sink. There was no indication of a toilet flange attached. Visually I could not see how the toilet was attached. There was no indication of a water leak on the underside of the O.S.B, however, there was an indication of a prior water leak at the back of the toilet on the molding and bathroom cabinet (mold and water stains).

Could you have made an error in size.
This type of toilet that I know of that takes a smaller discharge pipe .

[FONT=Calibri]Fit the adjustable discharge elbow to the top of the macerator.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]- See more at: http://extremehowto.com/flushing-upward/#sthash.OIxPxg4b.dpuf[/FONT]

could it have been the shower drain…those are 2"…toilet has to be 3 or 4

Mr Mckee would you clean your act up there is no professional word called toilet it is a commode or a closet connection:p;-);-):smiley: BTW toilets were usually made of wood in the shape of a small house located in the back yard and was considered a one holer or a two holer with a sear and sawbuck catalog near at hand

:shock::wink: I will bow to Your wisdom on the subject Sir…

Thank you I know some chit if I can just think of it;-)

The great and powerful wizard of OZ !

You forgot the half moon cut into the door . Sorry i guess that is for us fancy people in TN;-)
LOL 2 holer I never have figure that one out . I don’t think anyone would want to be sitting a spell beside me having the big one lol

Ha, ha, I can relate…as I recall, if it was a 2-holer, you wanted to say you were in management if you were going to use it…:stuck_out_tongue:

Ahhh! the two holer, were you a right holer or a left holer?

All I remember is that there was always one fuller than the other. :mrgreen::wink:

The fuller one must be using the 2" waste line. You guys are old…:mrgreen:

Now that is funny right there:mrgreen: