QOD 3/25/2005 Air Conditioning

Originally Posted By: gbell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am posting since there hasn’t been one yet.

Another hot day in Florida so we will stick with an AC question.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: tgardner

Hm - There are redundant answers here. The def of design takes into account the other answers (except for AOTA). At least thats what many of my E school Profs used to say.

But what do they know?

Sorry for the early comment - but I must go to bed - rgds, TG

The correct answer is E.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: tserota

Greg,

Do not take this the wrong way, but for someone who does as many inspections as you do, you sure seem to have an abundance of time to fire off the "questions of the Day" on a regular basis. Lately I have been getting home around dark, which here in Texas is around 7:30 nowadays and find a whole bunch of folks responding to QODs that were posted at 9, 10 or 11 in the morning. Again don't take this the wrong way, as I sure did not mean to insinuate anything, just curious if perhaps I might be doing something wrong in my workday activities.

Thanks

Tom,

I am very sorry I did not realize that I needed to answer to you. I will be sure to send you my daily schedule for your approval. If you happen to come across something that does not meet with your approval I am sure you will know what to do with it.

If you would like to take over the QOD feel free too. Would you be more comfortable if I took my desire to help new inspectors some place else? Because that is how I took your question.

Not that I need to explain to you but it is not very hard to find a signal and post on the web no matter where I may be. I would say that I am able to pick up a signal in about 75% of the homes I inspect.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: rcooke

I am sure many others appreciate the question of the Days much as I do . I also like it when the answer is given in a later post . A simple idea might to be wait 48 hours before posting the answer. I also like it when others post their ideas on the question { Not necessary agreeing with the posted answer) This gets us all looking to see what their opinion is and why some including me do not always see things the same way as others do.

If some have ideas on questions and like me, do not have the ability to explain them well enough to put them on the board. I expect Greg might like your thoughts, just maybe you can give him some more ideas on what to post.

Roy Cooke .

Royshomeinspection.com

Originally Posted By: cradan

. (That’s because it’s THEIR business.)

Take a peek around the MB and the industry...there's more than enough sniping going-on. Let's just let the QOD, be the QOD.

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: lkage

cradan wrote:
Take a peek around the MB and the industry...there's more than enough sniping going-on. Let's just let the QOD, be the QOD.

Amen.

--
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."
Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Tom … I think it’s a first for this board to see someone question a committee members availability to volunteer time and post educational questions … icon_eek.gif

Greg ... I dont get to see any geothermal heating/cooling systems up north here, but it seems like the Design of the system would consider the other elements ...

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong