QOD for 2/12/2006 New Construction

Hi to all,

here is todays question

Regards

Gerry

Hmmm…
Is this an Electrical Code related question?

Hi to all,

Joe, aren’t they all one way or another, in this case members performing new construction inspections should know the answer.

Regards

Gerry

lol…Man…Did you think of this one Gerry…thehehehhee…sorry I had to rag on ya…thehehe

hmmm…now the responses being posted is starting to frighten me a bit…I will assume some are picking the wrong answers just to be funny…please say that is correct…this is about as basic as it gets !

How many small appliance circuits are required?

2002 NEC 210.11

The same question asked a different way??

Read further Todd. Read 210.52. It references 210.11 and you’ll see the minimum requirements.

Thanks guys.

I knew the answer to the question when I asked it.:wink:

And how are we to know how the ckts are wired??

And I don’t like to take the word of the labels in the box. We all know that some sparky will put a hall light etc on one of them and not change a label

rlb

Hey Richard…lol…oh wait…you said SOME sparkys…lol…ok as long as you did not say all sparkys…

Just so you know…if their is an electrician out their who is putting hall lights on a 20A SA circuit…they should have their license pulled…way to many other circuits around to do that…basic wiring 101…so I dont think that is the case…

Actually a funny thing is…the local AHJ actually tests for this in the final so you better do it…he simply goe to the panel and kills one circuit and then walks back up and checks to see another is on the counter top…lol…if not…BIG ISSUES…and guess WHO will eat the cost…You Guessed It…

Also in many cases because of COST…their will be (2) GFCI recepts at the counter area…he trips one in a test…and then verifies the other is working…now is it POSSIBLE an electrician is putting a hall light on the SA circuit…well I guess so…but a good AHJ can tell…

Hi to all,

the correct answer to this is 2 x 20 amp circuits

Regards

Gery