QOD for 4/1/04 (Electrical)

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

If Chris told you that, he’s telling a fib. Didnt answer it… for real

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jmyers

I believe Dave is doing a great job with these questions. I agree that sometimes they are badly worded but they also make me think about the question and the answers, which can only serve to help me and the other inspectors which use it.

The idea here is not to have a perfect question every day, it is to make the inspector think about which is correct and why it is correct.

Like everyone else, I was dumb founded by the answers. All I had to do was re-read the question and think about which was the only correct place to put a wire splice.

Obviously others besides myself realized the only correct place to put a splice was in a junction box and I simply looked for that in the correct answer, which just happened to be the only answer that contained the words, "in a junction box".

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

That’s the TRUE value of these questions. and, you’re right. Dave does a great job.

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Me wrote:
This question like many others is taken from the style of those used in national licensing exams, and is deliberately written to confuse, or to get someone to jump straight into a wrong answer.

I have said it before, the true value of the QOD is getting members and guests to think about the concepts, and read both the questions and answers fully before voting on the correct answer. the QOD is as much about exam taking skills as it is about knowledge.

Yes you are all correct, this question was badly worded and confusing, in fact is is rather like doing a home inspection where you are looking at all kind of problems and systems at the same time, and you have to figure out what is the important bit that you need to report on. Funny how that analogy fits so nicely ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Hell if it were easy anyone could be a home inspector

regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: roconnor

jfarsetta wrote:
If Chris told you that, he's telling a fib. Didnt answer it... for real

I'm just yanking on your chain a little ... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong