Questions Of The Week 10-10-17

NO! I live in Naples.:p:D

Any more takers?:slight_smile:

I’m a winner no matter what. I live in Denver, I got a Hot wife, and I’m damn handsome myself (well if I ain’t handsome, at least I’m handy)!

So use whatever pipe you want for your gray water and build your pool fences to heaven and hades, I’m still a “WINNAH!”

:cool:

It doesn’t appear so.
Why not give us another chance.

Marc will decide what he wants to do Roy. :slight_smile:

THANK YOU all for being here, much appreciated!
Even I learned something… with 508 total views I’m surprised it’s still not answered.
See ya next time, no winners. Books are getting to be an expensive cost overrun anyways, even though I should send 'em to myself. :wink:

1. the seller’s disclosure
    INachi Agreement System

2. 48 inches, 2 inches**
    https://www.nachi.org/pool-barriers.htm
    The top of the barrier shall be at least 48 inches (1,219 mm) above grade measured on the side of the barrier which faces away from the swimming pool. The maximum vertical clearance between grade and the bottom of the barrier shall be 2 inches (51 mm) measured on the side of the barrier which faces away from the swimming pool

**note: it is 4 inches if it was an above ground pool & the barrier is placed on top of the pool structure,
but the question was off the ground.

1. Pushmatic
    **https://inspectapedia.com/electric/Pushmatic.php

**4) 1 1/2 to 2 inches
INachi Safe Home Book Page 154
[FONT=Arial][size=1]Only pipes with a diameter of 1½ to 2 inches should be used for greywater lines.

1. Will Rogers ~ and I sincerely agree with him wholeheartedly! :slight_smile:
    [/size][/FONT]

On question 2 I used the 2015 I.C.C. Sec 305.2.1 which allows 4"… INachi references the 2006 IBC

But your final answer is for you to say in your good conscience what is the right answer

You will get another chance next week.

From the CPSC.gov
https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/362%20Safety%20Barrier%20Guidelines%20for%20Pools.pdf

Yep. 2014 says 4" is good to go as well. Nice illustration that is easy to interpret.

Although this is a shut case as Marc indicated previously, I just wanted to bring this up for common knowledge. :slight_smile:

Steve, just for information, the 2" under fence requirement has been in affect since 1999. Also in the IRC for 2009, 2012 and actually required in Colorado for 2015. :wink:

https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/denver-development-services/help-me-find-/building-codes-and-policies.html

305.2.1 Barrier height and clearances.
Barrier heights and clearances shall be in accordance
with all of the following:

1. The top of the barrier shall be not less than 48 inches (1219 mm) above grade where measured on the side
    of the barrier that faces away from the pool or spa. Such height shall exist around the entire perimeter of the barrier and for a distance of 3 feet (914 mm) measured horizontally from the outside of the required barrier.

2. The vertical clearance between grade and the bottom of the barrier shall not exceed 2 inches (51 mm) for grade surfaces that are not solid, such as grass or gravel, where measured on the side of the barrier that faces away from the pool or spa.

THANKS Marcel, Roy & Steve!
I got this from the CPSC doc, what I was thinking.
This stuff many times will be predicated on one’s perception which of course can vary from person to person.

Here’s another “perception” that has no off the ground requirements: Pool Net - Product Summary | Katchakid Pool Nets Boy, I’m relieved it did not come up!
I’m sure you all realize much thought & time goes into this & I try to be as fair as possible. :slight_smile: It’s not easy work
Tell me and I forget,
teach me and I may remember,
involve me and I learn.

Benjamin Franklin -

I most certainly do appreciate your effort in compiling these puzzlers - it’s good brain exercise to try and answer them - quickly at that.

But you should operate under the assumption that, given the possibility of different perceptions, that I am ALWAYS right - lol!

Good job - I’ll win next time!

Not if I can help it!:smiley: