Questions of the Week 10-17-17

Welcome to another round of Question of The Week

Questions of the week:

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

**Questions:

**1)Who strongly advises against the application of any type of field-applied coating over installed asphalt shingles?

1. A 6D nail is _______ in length, a 12 D nail is_______ in length.

2. The lead content of faucets, pipes, and other plumbing materials should be no more than_______%

3. _______ and _______ are derived from natural gas or petroleum refinery gas and are chemically classified as _______ gases

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

Good questions Marc. :slight_smile:

Why do you have to ask questions about music.
I see no correlation with inspections.
I hardly ever listen to music and never have.

I choose to present questions for education & a little entertainment.
I think it is much appreciated by most all!
I’m sorry if you are not a music fan.
Previously you have made two complaints, gave hints (that were incorrect), proclaimed a winner before time.

Perhaps you will be kind enough to attempt an answer.
I do not deserve your complaints.

I see how you took that as a complaint. Because I didn’t put a question mark after the word music?
You do a great job. I just wanted to know and you told me for entertainment purposes. Now I know.
So don’t jump on my back because I wasn’t jumping on yours. Okay?
I’m not in the mood for it today.
Respectfully
Roy

Manufacturers
2" and 3.25"
.2%
hydrocarbon gasses
Johnny Cash

Okay! Who are you and what did you do with Roy? :stuck_out_tongue:

Larry stop it. LOL
I’m having fun with Marc…

OK!
My turn…

1. ARMA
  2. 2"---- 3-1/4"
  3. 8%
    4- Oil -Natural gas-Associated dissolved
    5.The only reason I have chosen the answer to question 5 , Is because Mr. Fetty said it was…
    This answer is…Johnny Cash.
    If I win I defer the books to someone else that needs them.
    " 5) Who sang what song?
    Forget about the liquor
    Forget about the dope
    Remember King Jesus is your only hope"

Sounds like a Ghetto Gosple song to me.:D:cool:

Aw Jeeze, I prayed and preyed, and the 2nd one bagged me a buck.
ARMA
2", 3.25"
0.25%
Propane, ethane, HGL

My Black Shirt God, the One and Only … Johnny Cash

Dang, man, them’s tougher than a $2 steak

You don’t listen to music??? No wonder you’re so grouchy:mrgreen::p;-)

[size=3]YEA! I’m pleased Roy gave it a shot. Almost, but no prize.

In the spirit of being fair, a cool guy, rule-breaker, whatever & getting in trouble with my beloved committee,
I’m disclosing the answer to #5. I don’t think anyone will get it so this way it’s very fair for everyone with the remaining questions.
There are still 4 answers to address (in the past most times there were only 4 questions anyways).

Enjoy the music Roy my friend!
“Cousin” Kenny Vaughan IMO is the most technical, talented guitar player in Country Music. [/size] :smiley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4liDJwL4I4o

You couldn’t be more wrong!
Wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG
Roy Clark could smoke that lil baby Vaughn like a summer sausage.

Which, coincidently, was the year I framed my first house.

The video was not intended to be a showcase for Cousin Kenny’s talent (who BTW is from Colorado).
Your opinion is acknowledged. :slight_smile:
As a former musician I disagree.
You had 2 of 4 incorrect.

No! I do a lot of reading…So! There!

1. Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association - ARMA
  2. 2", 3.25"
  3. 0.25
  4. Propane, Butane, Hydrocarbon
  5. I will check out the youtube video on a computer with speakers. Thanks for the answer, I would have never dug that one out!

Bump

1. ARMA - Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association
  2. 2", 3.25"
  3. 8.0
  4. Propane, Butane, Hydrocarbon

**Congratulations Tim Williams for winning this weeks QOTW.
Good job!
Follow the directions to obtain your books. ** :smiley:

ps>> In 1986, Congress banned lead solder containing greater than 0.2% lead and restricted the
lead content of faucets, pipes, and other plumbing materials to no more than 8%**
https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/publication...sing/cha09.htm

Congrats, Tim!

But Marc, the Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act of 2011 (RLDWA) revised the definition of lead free to lower the allowable maximum lead content from 8.0 percent to a weighted average of 0.25 percent of the wetted surfaces of plumbing products.

Just sayin’