Welcome To Questions of The Week!
A member of the Awards Committee will post questions at random.
Members may make one post per question thread to answer the questions, and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the questions answered completely in that one post.
No editing is allowed and INELIGIBLE members will be disqualified.
First correct answers (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Questions) wins.
Request your choice by emailing email@example.com and submitting your Mailing address for shipping.
Choose your prize from the following list!:
** $50.00 gift certificate from Inspector Outlet
** Case of books “Now That You’ve Had A Home Inspection”
1) Pressure loss due to friction –
a) Is zero when there is no water flowing
b) Cannot exceed 20 psi
c) Is independent of pipe length
d) Is independent of pipe diameter
e) Is independent of pipe wall smoothness
2) A submersible pump in a 200-foot-deep drilled well is under 70 feet of water. The top of the well is 15 feet below the basement of the house. How much static head is present?
a) 70 feet
b) 130 feet
c) 200 feet
d) 85 feet
e) 215 feet
3) Which water heater has the slowest recovery rate?
d) Insulated tank
e) A heater installed beside a parallel heater
4) A tile lip for a bathtub –
a) Provides a connection for the overflow
b) Is part of the drain connection
c) Provides a mounting plate for fixtures
d) Provides a support point for the tub to the structure
e) Supports the tub skirt
5) Common bathtub problems include all of the following except –
c) Cross connections
d) Not level
e) Missing vacuum breaker