Questions of the week for June 15th, 2021

Marcel, you got me! I am the real fool. The fool that does a better job at saving lives, the fool who can back up everything I say, the fool who DOES NOT attack other online unprovoked. You have just provoked me. Merc, you have been saved.

I am not provoking you, I am asking politely for you to continue your comments elsewhere, other than here.
Question of the Week is for members that want to participate and nothing else.

4 Likes

If you want to be polite then do so with out rude remarks. Right? But you are what you are right Marcel…you do see that you made a rude remark…you were not effective with your request.

Only rudeness here is the truth about your postings in a thread designed for entertainment of other members. So again, I am asking that you bring your comments elsewhere.

2 Likes

Still not effective…this is entertainment for me to defend myself. Try asking politely.

Really a shame this thread was hijacked. Going to keep it open for 24 hours to see if anyone really wants to answer the questions and compete for a free gift. If there are no replies to the questions or incorrect answers to questions during this period, this thread will be closed.

2 Likes
  1. In order based on what might injure somebody:
    A4, D3, B1, C2
    That said, although falling spalled brick can cause injuries and become costly to repair, I’ve seen more extensive problems related to efflorescence. So the Order of those two may flip back and forth depending on the home.

2. Flammable liquids

3. A heat alarm instead of a smoke alarm

4. ABS and PVC maybe used together. Generally they require mechanical connections, although Oatey did (does?) make a glue to join them.

5. F, There is some discretion needed of course with respect to the level of safety concern. However as an example, finding actively high levels of carbon monoxide by means of a CO alarm would warrant notifying everyone in the home (buyers, sellers, agents, etc) and calling the fire department.

EC: Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

3 Likes

I guess this thread kinda died there in the bickering. So what were the answers?

3 Likes

Sorry the thread was hijacked and no one participated further. Although good answers were given by those who tried, no one got them all correct. Guess we’ll try again and thanks to all that tried!!

Which of these natural occurrences would be of most concern and on what structure; (Match and list from most to least concern)

A. Deck ledger

B. CMU foundation

C. Interior log home beams

D. Brick veneer siding

1. Efflorescence

2. Checking

3. Spalling

4. Decay

1) A/4 Decay and Deck Ledger
2) B/1 CMU/ Efflorescence
3) D/3 Brick Veneer siding/ Spalling
4) C/2 Interior log beams/ Checking

( *Per FEMA, "Electrical"*)is the leading cause of garage fires.

You should install a “Heat” alarm — not a “smoke” alarm — in your garage.

You are in a crawl space and observe PVC and ABS piping tied and fitted together. 1) Is this acceptable? 2) What do you call out as observations?
*Acceptable with proper fittings/ and or cement. " Observed different types of plastic DW piping fitted together. This may or may not be acceptable based on approved fittings and or bonding agents. Further evaluation........"* 

Extra Credit Lyrics: Song title and artist.

“Well, I’ve been afraid of changing cause……” All Correct~~

4 Likes

Thanks, Tom, and thanks to the ones that participated.

3 Likes

Great effort Tom !!!

2 Likes

Sad this was hijacked. Regardless, thank you Tom for your effort and time!

4 Likes