quick ?

Hello Everyone

How do I find out what the water PSI?
Isnt there suppost to be a gauge, on a water heater that tells you that?Thanks for your time and answers


Before your next inspection you need to make a trip to Home Depot or Lowes and get a gauge. I usually just check the pressure at the hose bib.

If the house has a well, typically, there will be a gauge near the pressure tank.

…if it works. All to often I come across gauges that are present but not functional. Even if the guage appears to work properly, I still check pressure at an exterior hose bib.:smiley:

I may do that if there appears to be a reason but otherwise no. :smiley:

If the shower makes it to the end of the tub its fine.

Dang Robert! Now you know that will be my test from now on :wink: :smiley:

Is that a 5 or 6 foot tub?

When testing the pressure of a system supplied by a well, do you check the pressure with and without the pump running?

Not my thread, as in Chicago the pressure is provided by the city,so I am really just testing for flow.
Sounds like a joke ,but to the end of the tub is a test I have been using for 30 years.