Radon testing.... Where to get canisters?

Originally Posted By: Aaron Rosenbaum
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

When you use the canisters for testing… are those the test kits you can buy at Home Depot/Menards for like 10 bucks? Or where can I get them?

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Aaron,

Try this link, although the more you buy the better the price.

http://www.radon-pro.com/

Joe Myers

So the ones you can buy at 6-10 bucks (with two canisters) are what “most” people are using for their tests??

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Aaron,

I use them. I don't know about other inspectors. The lab that provides the analysis is dependable and you just have to pay the overnight shipping to get the tests there.

Joe Myers

Gotcha…

I kind of figured it was those little canisters, but wasn't totally sure.....

Thanks again for the help ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: mbailey

Aaron - There are many labs and companies out there. I have heard good things about the one Joe M. mentioned. I use Alpha Energy out of Texas. They have been good to work with and I have my results back ASAP.

You might also try Gallipot, Inc. They are based out of St.Paul, MN ? a little closer to you than the others.
They have canisters. 800-423-6967

Have not used them and do not know anything else about them. But if they are close enough you might save the cost of overnight shipping if regular mail is fast enough. After all... any dollar you get to keep is good one!

--
Mark Bailey
Stonegate Property Inspections LLC
Ponca, NE

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

State Link to Radon info for Minnesota:

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/indoorair/radon/measure.html

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Thanks a bunch for all the help.

I really appreciate it...

I'm still at the age that money isn't a big issue. I mean it is, but I don't have a family, huge expenses (yet)....h*ll, I still tip the people at Dairy Queen (its a ice cream place in Minnesota .... not sure if they are nationally known). ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Try Nancy at www.radon.com $6 includes analysis, return mailer, the kit itself, faxed report.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I recommend the folks at Radon Testing Corp of America (RTCA) in Elmsford, NY.

The cost of their dual cannister test (you'll need dual devices unless you use a CRM) is $20. The Priority Mailer with postage paid is another $3.65. That's it.

Although Nick is correct in that the folks he recommended charge $6.95 for the radon kit, that kit may not meet EPA protocols for radon testing in a real estate transaction. The kit they advertise which meets EPA protocols is $19.95. So, my point is to really compare prices...

Joe Farsetta